The direction of the new Unturned Logo?

Unturned 4.x, or Unturned II has new shaders, more detailed models, and a changed style all-together. As a Graphics Artist, I created 3 concept art directions for how I believe the logo of Unturned II should be.

Top: 1
Middle: 2
Bottom: 3

Now some of these I saw inspiration from other concept art posts. Nothing is 100% original.

• Logo 1
  • Logo 2
  • Logo 3

0 voters

Feel free to also talk about the logos via comments.

I hosentlt donā€™t like them, but logo 1 seems better. I think the unturned 2 logo should be like escape from tarkov. A guy killing a pack of 3 zombies.

1 Like

I thought because of the new shaders, models, etc Nelson shouldnā€™t have the same style logo as 3.0. (the player with the ace shooting at zombies) so thatā€™s why I didnā€™t make one of those.

The T being a tposing player looks pretty childish to be honest and doesnā€™t look very good, and number 3 looks like microsoft word art. If you removed the tposing dude and just put a normal T number one would look better though. I agree that silhouetted action shots look good on text, things like tarkov as previously mentioned or dayz.

Anything but 3 that curved text is just too outlandish

1 Like

I donā€™t consider the desktop wallpaper the logo. This is what Iā€™d consider Unturned 3ā€™s logo, if weā€™re leaving out the zombie face as an option:

Thatā€™s whatā€™s used for its Store page on Steam. Most of the time, the ā€œlogoā€ used is just this text (with or without the Free to Play part). The wallpaper is just vanity. ā€œUnturnedā€ in Arial Narrow (or whatever variant it is) would be the logo, alongside the zombie face.

I would personally recommend only using the Roman numerals ā€œIIā€ rather than ā€œ2ā€. Thereā€™s already an ā€œUnturned 2.ā€ The reason its called Unturned II to begin with is so itā€™s not confused with Unturned 2.

2 Likes

I would go with the first logo but instead of white, use red for the ā€œIIā€. Also not sure of the t-pose thingy, might work or might ruin everything.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

I like the 2nd version. Iā€™d like to switch to Roman ā€œIIā€ and make it more weathered out. And ditch the t-pose thing.
You can probably go for a roadsign-esque logo with rust and chipped paint on it, sounds like itā€™s worth an experiment.

Extremely late but I kinda wanted to talk about it.

The first logo was the best among all 3. The T-pose thingy is a litle bit cringy though. It didnā€™t tried too hard to look good. But not too basic. As joker have stated. ā€œChanged to roman ā€˜IIā€™ and use the red color.ā€ And this would be spotted on in my opinion.

The second one isnā€™t so bad. Thereā€™s clearly a usage of shadows (or shaders. Idk.) But itā€™s tried way too hard.

The last one is weird. The gradient kinda ruined the logo and itā€™s kinda reminds me of the simcity 4ā€™s logoā€¦ kinda belongs to the movie poster imo.

Personally, Iā€™d use the first logo. Remove the T-pose. Added a little bit of blood splatter at the bottom and maybe a little bit of overgrowth grasses ontop and vines at the corners. Not too much though.

2 Likes

Unturned
Free Two play

1 Like

eeeeehhhhh
(long eh cus of the 10 chars restriction, otherwise it would jus be a simple ā€œehā€)

Thank you so much for the advice.

Maybe something like that?

First one has contour, the other has not.
.psd: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13emrR3xTew8IhCDWit3bHThZ_iZ1KNDP

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.