The Greenskin Problem

I assume everyone here knows what Greenskins are: people who make their skin tone the same color as the ground/grass. I was playing with my friend. He has not played the game for many years. He has a gaming laptop, so his performance isn’t very good. He gets 40 - 50 frames. He cannot see Greenskins because of how dim his screen is. He has his screen at max brightness, but at night, he cannot see very well, and if someone has green skin and a muzzle, it’s literally impossible for him to locate the danger. I thought, “How many other people have had this problem?” all my friends have complained about this for years. There should be an option to disable green skin tones on the client side or disable seeing skin tones that aren’t the base ones that you can select without the gold upgrade. I also think the Ghillie Suit should be buffed if this change actually happened so that people could still be green, but it would take more effort. The Ghillie Suit should have more Slots for storage. Maybe adding a craftable Ghillie Helmet and Vest would be cool also. I’ve noticed that Nelson has done some recent reworks with things like movement and the recoil changes. I think this is a huge one that he should at least consider because 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱. If you disagree with my ideas, leave your thoughts below on how you would nerf Greenskins or if you think they should even be nerfed. Thanks.

3 Likes

This is only a tip of an iceberg.

4 Likes

This exists, but only as a plugin and not a client side setting. I for one would love to see it become a setting in the base game, both for clients and servers (assuming we ever get a update that allows servers to force certain client settings like scope quality and said skin tones)

4 Likes

“He has a gaming laptop so his performance isn’t very good”, bruh gaming laptops are good now, it’s not 2016. Plus everyone uses max gamma at night, max screen brightness can only get you so far.

On the other note, I agree that greenskins are annoying, but they are also dumb. How many times they join maps like Yukon to run around like a green christmas tree and get shot at is laughable.

*they suck less
Towers will always be better, but thats a given. Also hard agree on the gamma, currently on some (if not most maps) nights are just slightly grayer than day.

2 Likes

At this moment it is only possible via server plugins like this one, it doesn’t allow use custom skin colors, only the default skin colors preset or very similar, so if you join with a green or blue skin color, it will be changed randomly to any of the default preset colors

However, it should be a server config option, like Allow_Custom_Skin_Colors, with this way server owners may decide to disable or enable them, just like the option Allow_Per_Character_Saves where you can control if players may use more than one character on the same server

4 Likes

This is one of the more based post’s I’ve seen.

I don’t think this seemingly obvious and, from what all of you indicate, notorious problem will ever be solved, haha.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.