The new player sorting system

So, this update messed with the order of the map-menu displaying players and now displays them prioritized on their names, rather than the group IDs. One problem though. Now, using this menu you can’t even tell is a person on a team or not. It doesn’t matter if we are talking about a friendly or enemy team. Everything is messed up. Is that intended? I kind of want the old way back. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Link to a somewhat-relevant relevant post on the GitHub repo: [BUG] Player in group signifier on M missing after latest update · Issue #3052 · SmartlyDressedGames/Unturned-3.x-Community · GitHub

EDIT: Tagging topic as a suggestion.

I hope there will be that new tab with group info Nelson mentioned on github. Otherwise it is a useless update (in regard to the player list).

To clarify: as stated in the patch notes and on GitHub, the change was made for performance/optimization reasons. This is especially important since the player cap now allows for servers to have a 100+ players.

There has been more interest in the setting than I would have thought, so I intend to see about adding a sort button at the top for switching between alphabetical and group sorting. :+1:

6 Likes

This hasn’t been discussed recently as there were other notable clouds changes in the latest game update, but a “sort by Group” button has since been added to the top of the player list.

5 Likes

Thanks, I already know about and use this feature. One thing that annoys me is that there is no option to make this a default setting. Every time I connect to a server I have to go and enable it manually. Still, better than not have this option at all.

2 Likes

Fortunately—this preference is actually saved as of the latest game version (which released onto the main branch this morning).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.