The problem with how Nelson is presenting Unturned II

Seeing all those props made me remember all the way back to devlog 5-10. Good times.

btw it’s great to see you being so active lately, keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Good old multiverse theory.

I wish i could change which universe I was in currently

5 Likes

Updated the main post, mainly for clarity & spelling mistakes, but also because I brought up some more things.

2 Likes

Don’t worry I’ve learned how to store my hype indefinitely from waiting for other games.

1 Like

Little do normies know , people that play games grow an extra organ to store the hype instantly

2 Likes

A shit ton of people keep asking whether the game is finished, and the answer is as always… “No it’s not finished yet. Nelson still has some major mechanics to work on like thirst, hunger, stamina, and radiation” and they always reply with “well he needs to work faster” or something like that. Nelson is working alone on this game, and he’s making sure that everything he finished so far is polished. But again, there should be a big disclaimer on every devlog just so people dont overhype themselves too much. It’s a pretty big issue with today’s generation because patience is not one of their traits, people want things fast. So the best we can do so far is to nip it in the bud by saying that everything they see is a work in progress and is subject to change

12 Likes

Here, another typo

:frowning:

I agree. Even if I am sort of an exception to that c:
3 Likes

Post ID my dude.

1 Like

bruh

3 Likes

Realistically speaking it’s not like Nelson can even do anything now. It’s too late. Maybe announcing exactly where the game currently is, to avoid confusion, would be a good idea. Being more open about his plans for the development of Unturned II would help also.

1 Like

Why couldn’t Nelson just have plastered a small watermark that clearly marks it in Alpha. That way all testers should understand its WIP, and all viewers of content creators will constantly be reminded by it.

6 Likes

Yeah if only lol

9 Likes

Makes sense, I was on hype when I commented, but then I really found it weird that the game would be pretty much over in just a year, anyway I think we’ll see the first version with zombie survival mode later this year or for the first months of 2020,And I think in 2021 or 2022 we’ll have a solid game

Would not do squat I reckon. The hype train has sailed, no watermark is going to stop it.

Yet here we are.
If he had doen it from the getgo, maybe. At this point it’ll barely make a difference. The kind of person that notices those and takes them into consideration is also the same kind of person that knows (because they have informed themselves rather than blidnly buying all the hype).

Still worth a shot, and it means that people who are being introduced to Unturned II for the first time will know off the bat.

3 Likes

Fair enough I guess

2 Likes

I think Nelson did not intend for this to happen. Most of the misinformation was caused by different content creators saying completely different things, and as a consequence some people have differing views, but take their views to be facts. On top of this, Nelson isn’t as open about Unturned II as he should be, which has caused many different interpretations of his game…

If he really cares he should just release a 2-3 hour stream explaining everything from Day 1 to what his goals in the future are, and then everyone can take this to be fact.

1 Like

He’s said/shown quite a lot if you put together the steam news, these forums, the devlogs, the Trello boards, the Tweets, the interviews, Github, etc. I think the problem isn’t that he hasn’t been sharing information, but that you can’t find all the info in one place, and that you can’t necessarily tell what the most relevant information is without cross examining the different sources.

4 Likes

Actually yeah, you are right. All he needs to do is to stick it in one place, announce where it is, and also make a formal announcement as to the EXACT current development stage of the game (Pre-Alpha Demo), as too many people think we are in CBT or some other late-stage.

1 Like