The Unturned II Building Bible

This is the most interesting and nice made suggestion I ever see in my life, I like the revamp to old tools(unturned 3) make it more interesting in Unturned2, it would apply to others tools.

I like the water system too, It looks so original and can be a very interesting mechanic in the game.

Cosmetic variation is already a thing in Unturned II. There’s no reason for reskins to exist as separate items.

Keep in mind that cities and towns in 4.X are (or atleast were) planned to have doors and sometimes locks naturally generated in them, and players may wish to break through these doors, or to repair the objects that might stand between them and the Turned, rather than being forced to only be able to do one based on how the game handles ownership. (Although, this probably applies more to trimming/framing hammers than sledgehammers, which aren’t really used to repair much of anything [Which is a point that hadn’t been brought up so many times back when I first started writing this reply.])

So like Fortnite building, except instead of pulling out blueprints, you pull out a sledgehammer, and the buildables don’t complete
themselves automatically? If that’s the case, then you’ve taken the idea of a Master building tool rather than individual tedious placeable items but made it even more tedious and even less user friendly than individually placed items because you still require the player to player to manually walk around and place the buildables with the additional inconveniences of having to interact with the locations twice each in order to place the items, and of having to carry around a giant f*cking sledgehammer. The master building tool for planning where to place buildables should take the form of something like survey, design, layout, or measurement equipment, so it’s name and appearance would actually give some indication of its actual function. The actual design/layout work should be done through a separate 3-dimensional interface, and should be used to create something like layout lines, framework, a supporting structure, or concrete forms, not to create spoopy ghost walls that take physical form when you wack them with an oversized mallet. This layout/design equipment could take the form of something small and handheld, for the sake of convenience, or could take a form similar to crafting stations, maybe doubling as the Unturned II equivalent of claim flags.

I strongly disagree with having one crafting station that is used for all “construction” materials but excludes other materials (Although, as mentioned previously, I wouldn’t be against a singular tool or station used for layout/design/worksite preparation.) Sawing, carving, hewing, and cutting various types of wood to create structures or tools, have far more to do with eachother than they have to do with the crafting of higher teir construction materials like bricks or metal. Similarly, heating clay to make bricks, tiles, and pottery, and heating stones (limestone and gypsum in particular) to create cement (which is a key ingredient of concrete and of mortar) could form another type of crafting, whereas metalworking would form another type of crafting.

So you propose that crafting building materials should all be done from one station, but designing and building with those materials should all be done with a sledgehammer, except for wiring which is designed and placed with wire cutters (and plumbing maybe plumbing? It’s unclear which, if any, tool would be used for installing pipes.

That’s certainly better than voxel based circuitry, but I don’t understand why you would limit it to only one button/dial/lever per circuit. What if I want to require two switches to be flipped to activate my door/trap/machine as an additional lock or safety precaution?

Digging into the ground, even if only a limited amount can be very problematic for map design and optimization, but I won’t say they absolutely need to be ruled out. I do however, question why these pits would have to have spikes in them rather than just allowing spikes or other traps to be placed in the pit, and I’m not sure about the pit automatically concealing itself, except if it’s placed on certain materials. If you want to be able to conceal traps or storage under grass/foliage, than maybe you should be able to place leaves/hay/palm fronds as visual cover. These items could also be used to customize a ghilie suit/ghilie netting to a certain environment, or to feed animals. The concealment would probably be simplest to implement as something that provides other visual cover and doesn’t have a hit box or collision mechanics, instead being destroyed by their relatively fast decay time.

Yes, let’s copy-paste Unturned 3.X skill and crafting mechanics over to Unturned II. /s

This and the various oddly specific quantities given for health, damage, times, and resistances, seem to get information from a source that no one else has access to ( this source is either divine inspiration or your unfounded assumptions about things that haven’t been implemented or planned to such detail yet.)

Just saying.
This is a pipe wrench, by the way.

1 Like

Perhaps I will add in a pipe wrench for the thread. I’m compiling a list of good suggestions in the replies rn.

Okay, THIS is epic.

no seriously though, that’s actually gorgeous

So, as usual I got shafted in terms of free time, and I’ll have to keep this a lot more brief and sparse than I’d like, at least until I’m through with thine depresseth midterms.

Big tl;dr: I had long ago planned to make a very in-depth post (as usual) about more realistically modeled electricity mechanics, wiring systems, and power generation/consumption, including how it correlates with the usage of appliances, electric traps, power grids in map locations, etc. Hopefully that might give you some ideas to make a twist of your own.

In addition, I’d like to say that there should really be a stone tier for structures, but they should require some masonry skills to properly utilize (you know, for proper stone walls and floors). I agree with Harvest in that the work stations should probably be divided up a bit, since having so many actions revolve around one appliance might be a tad OP.

Lastly, a log tier to compliment the plank tier of structures would be very interesting. Logs could take longer to lay in place, and require more work to maintain, but would be sturdier and more durable overall. Lots of potential directions you could go from here, like log cabins or primitive abodes.

I will see if I can elaborate on more depth to electrical systems, however this will require me to do some homework/research so I can get everything right.

Stone and Log tiers, I don’t know.

Multiple stations instead of one sounds like a splendid idea for the feel of progression in Unturned II. If anyone would like to suggest what crafting/construction stations should be included please feel free to pitch in some ideas.

I’m thinking
• Sawmill
• Kiln
• Metalworks

Thank you for your time btw @GreatHeroJ and @anon24515308

The only issue I have is with the Rust-esque building style with the hammer. I’d much rather see a mixture of 3.0’s per structure part building and The Forest’s progressive structure creation. Maybe something where you can place down ‘ghost structures’ that only you and your teammates can see, and if you are holding a structural piece, it’ll auto snap to where it’s needed to be placed, as it’ll make base planning easier and more efficient.

Other than that, I can easily say this is probably one of the best posts on this site. @GreatHeroJ I think we have another member, if you’re thinking what I’m thinking.

1 Like

I still have no clue how to make dropdowns,
i really loved the images as i do like and have used visual representations

I like your ideas, but this should not make building bases alot more time consuming then unturned 3.0. Because I don’t want to be running to my crafting bench or whatever every time I need to make an additional layer of honeycomb.

So many memes. Perfect post doesn’t exi-
why the hell is this post so damn good

Ouch (10 characters y tho)

Pats in the back aren’t supposed to hurt yknow

If you’ve actually carefully read through the suggestion, constructing structures will be done via centralized tools (think like Rust’s Building Plan) as opposed to the 3.0 system of making individual parts.

1 Like

Today I will finally get around to editing the electrical systems and adding in more stations to the Bible. So stay tuned peeps.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, Corvid Crusader here. (NarcolepticHound)

Sorry for the delay on the Power plants and Electricity, researching how power plants work took a little longer than expected. The Construction stations are now separated into different tiers for the game. This is all I will add to this post however as it is getting really big.

Thank you everyone for participating in the development of The Building Bible.
Love you guys!

Such a great ideas here :slight_smile:
:ok_hand:

Very great idea,Congrats dude

Also, Narc, what did you use to create this visuals?

It’s something called TALENT.

Also blood sweat and tears

1 Like