The Unturned Official Discord Art Contest

The Unturned official discord is hosting an art event! Here’s an excerpt of Molton’s community blogpost in case you haven’t seen it:

Ready, set, draw! Join the Unturned Official Discord, as they host a contest to showcase some of the most creative artists in our community.

Shiny Art Contest Sweater

And to those who submit artworks of extraordinary excellence, they shall receive a special in-game item as a reward!

Information

Welcome to the Art Contest , hosted by our community-elected Unturned Official Discord staff team, and officially supported by us at SDG!

Join the Unturned Official Discord server!

If you aren’t a part of the Unturned Official Discord community already and want to participate, you’ll have to join the Discord server. And after the event ends, maybe you’ll stick around!

Users will have one week and four days to participate. Judging will occur after the submission deadline, and take place over a minimum of three days. After the judging period: winners will be announced, the special in-game item will be distributed, and winning artworks may be showcased publicly (such as through the Discord, or through the SDG Blog) in celebration of the entrant.

• Submissions are open: 2020-05-19T00:00:00Z2020-05-29T23:59:00Z

Participants will be able to submit a single submission , but you can update the submission for as long as submissions are still open.

Submissions

Each participant only gets to submit one piece of artwork. The Unturned Official Discord staff team decided that the following would be considered “artwork” for the event:

• Animations
  • Artwork (paintings, digital, crafts, etc.)
  • Renders
  • Screenshots

The idea is to be creative, unique, abstract, or otherwise amazing! You are encouraged to use editing software to enhance your submission, if that is something you wish to do.

Process

In order to make your submission, you must be able to DM the event bot ( LifeRaft Jerry#6464 ). This may require you to temporarily tweak your DM settings.

e.submit allows for submitting your submission, and e.help provides helpful information about the event (such as commands). You can withdraw from the event and remove your submission with e.withdraw , and you can view your current submission with e.submission .

File Types

Your submission must be of an accepted file format, and not surpass the format’s size limit. Image formats are limited to 8 Mb, and video formats are limited to 1:30 (90 seconds).

• Image formats: JPEG/JPG, PNG, WEBP

• Video formats: GIF, MOV, MP4, WEBM

Rules

All entrants and their submission must follow the contest rules.

1. Although none of the artwork has to be created in-game, your submission must be Unturned-themed.

2. There is only one submission per entrant. If there are multiple submissions, the last submission you make will be the only submission considered.

3. All content must be your own original content. If you wish to use or reference third-party Workshop content, you do not need explicit permission from the creator (submissions to the Workshop automatically grants permission to use the item). However, you should link to the Workshop content.

4. Adheres to guidelines for acceptable file formats.

Banned Content

Your submission must not be directly threatening someone’s physical or financial state; intend to shame or degrade another individual; be sexually explicit; violate another person’s contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights, or be in any way illegal.

The submission of banned content will at a minimum result in an immediate disqualification, and administrative action by the staff team.

If you have any questions about the event feel free to ask here or in the Discord.

12 Likes

If you guys will vote for my left hand drawings then I’ll enter :flushed:

1 Like

Technically, if you enter something and it isn’t banned content (and is Unturned-related), then it’ll be judged by someone, for better or worse. Negative votes, positive votes… same difference!

All just a technicality. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can I get someone to submit it for me though? I don’t have access to Discord until the 29th because I’m stuck at my Mom’s.

I guess as long as they say that it is yours(or rename them selves in that server temporarly to Aden) it can work.

Because of how the bot is designed, users only have a single submission. That means that if someone submits for you, they won’t be able to submit themselves.

My assumption is that the Discord staff would be fine with it, as long as it’s clearly documented. Submissions can include an image and explanatory text.

@khakers @Renaxon please correct me if this is inaccurate. :slight_smile:

If you know your discord ID (or can get it) it I should be able to manually add you to the submissions database whenever you’re done.

Let’s all admire that beautifull poster and shirt.This is already art Good job guys!

1 Like

I think the true art is this submission by the user “MoltonMontro#6816”

7 Likes

The community in it self in a way IS A MASTERPIECE! This place is beautifull!

Are you high?

2 Likes

Yes, of course!

No, wtf?

We’ve reached over 50 total entries!

I don’t even know what to draw but I know I’ll draw it with my left hand
ideas?

The end date is 2020-05-29T23:59:00Z
(2020-05-29T23:59:59 UTC)
Make sure you have your submission in by then as they will no longer be allowed afterwards. You have around 2 days as of this message

4 Likes

I decided to submit some art just for the hell of it. It was worth the 20 minutes in MS Paint.

I was gonna submit something but never had time to work on anything.

1 Like

i feel you man i have the same thing going on

23 hour art speed run time

2 Likes