Themed Ambient music

Let me explain the details, then I’ll link a few pieces of music.

Basically, if you’re wandering around, and its in a safer area (Woods, Safezones, ect.) Some peaceful music will play/ It could even start playing in areas that have a “Sadder” tone to them. during horde waves on your base, there would be some more intense music.

Note: It would be preferable if the music for unturned would be piano based, as that seems to be part of unturned in a sort of way.

Heres some music examples.
Some of them are made by fans of unturned

And yeah.

I know this has been discussed before, but I felt I needed to contribute more, and it seems like ti could be a nice idea.

10 Likes

The first one is so sick in 1.5 speed, go to 4:50

6 Likes

I don’t really have anything against having a ambient track/soundtrack/anything but it doesn’t seem like a good usage of resources for Nelson.

Midi Piano sounds like dogshit, if midi piano is used I wouldnt even turn this on in singleplayer. The reason any soundtrack sounds good is because they actually make a live recording with real synths, not ones pulled off of Nexus in FL studio. If you rip from Nexus (which I am fairly certain almost all of your examples did) you don’t get soundspacing or anything other than flat midi tones, and if you want to have a soundtrack, you hire someone to actually make it, live, in a studio, which costs alot of money but subsequently isn’t shit. I know having a midi track would still appease the brainlets (muh orchestral) but the majority of people would just immediately turn off the music and either listen to silence, or their own music which would be tailored to them, and by extension be better.

4 Likes

SHRUG I just found a bunch of sadish sounding music that sounded decent to me, and threw it up here.

And yes, I do prefer synths rather than generic piano. but I still do like the orchestral feel, even when ti isnt.

If unturned was to have a soundtrack. It should be made by the tears from heaven guy if he/she is still alive.

2 Likes

they most likely are.

This idea makes me rember Minecraft but ithink it’s really good idea so you will rember a time in your when you played this game also makes you feel relax
IW assume this idea is good

Its a really good idea, it gives the gameplay that extra touch of immersion
And if you dont like having it or find it distracting you could just turn it of in the settings, kinda like in Minecraft.

nononono how about we hire c418 to be the creator of the unturned soundtrack
just look at 0x10c by c418

It reminds me of minecraft, but I think that’s a good idea.

What if someone makes an ambient music similar to the main theme, resembling it?

I think the first one is great for the game, plus, this would be really cool, but I think nelson should release the early access first, then work on the OST. The second one you posted would be great music for the trailer as well, good choices all around.
If Nelson doesn’t want to pay for someone to record in a studio, I bet many fans would be happy to make it, as long as they know what they’re doing.

1 Like

Generic piano isn’t the problem, if someone is playing an actual normal piano there is sound spacing, same with someone using a synthesizer in a studio, the problem is when people use midi copies of the instruments, because it usually sounds fakish. I have nothing against synth/new/vapor/no wave that uses synths heavily, nor do I have anything against classical or orchestral, I just don’t like poorly fabricated music.

Did Nelson buy/ask for that or was it royalty free?

2 Likes

Hey! I had shared around the first fan-made theme you listed when the author released it, but he’s actually made a newer one based on some of the feedback he got on the Steam Discussions.

4 Likes

I don’t like any of these for Unturned. It’s taking the concept of a silly PG zombie game too far.

Minecraft doesn’t have “Epic Sad Music” whenever your dog falls in lava or something. All we need is a light soundtrack that isn’t really a specific genre but just some peaceful music to brighten up the dull moments

2 Likes

I was talking about sadder music as its literally a zombie apocalypse, its supposed to be sad.

Sure, peaceful music would do, but I would still prefer if it had a sad undertone at the least

Life is depressing enough. I don’t need a sadder atmosphere in my new version of a Roblox zombie game.

I was thinking something creepy
but it might be for underground tbh
sort of like this

2 Likes

something similar to this could be cool, when your character is idle or you’re afk

personally I think some sad midi piano shit would be terrible, guitar strumming/harmonica/drums like this makes you feel desolate, but actually sounds nice. i don’t really like the piano fan-made themes imo, they’re literally just piano. something more post-apocalyptic guitar-ish would be nice.

Guitar strumming/harmonica kinda fits the theme more than some generic sad piano synth stock music.

I don’t like creepy music in a game, though things like the long dark sound track usually dose and excellent job at setting the scene and should definitely start somewhat random with things are calm, it should change to be more action when shots are being fired ect.