There should be a way to still earn crafting materials

I know that not long ago playtime drops were removed from the game so that the only way to get crafting material is to by tons of stuff off the marketplace. I feel like there should still be some way to earn it. I understand that idea of farming it for making crafted mythics and then sell them for profit on the market, but I still feel like there should be a way to earn them if there is some way to balance that. This post is to discuss what people would think if the drops were brought back and if so how to balance it.

5 Likes

I do miss this, maybe the Gold Membership players should still be able to gain crafting materials for doing daily quests and stuff like that.

4 Likes

yeah it would have to be something daily rather then time based as that would help limit the farming that people would do. It would also encourage people to buy the gold upgrade.

2 Likes

Now just that but it would prevent people from using bots to get material drops if you have to do a specific task. And it would maybe get people to visit under played vanilla maps like Yukon.

2 Likes

yeah I think that if there was something like that, it would be worth it to grid out for materials if you want to make a crafted mythical

2 Likes

Yep, I don’t think they should be too grindy or difficult and should more just push people to try new things though. Especially given how many people can’t play without kits.

3 Likes

global daily tasks would be so cool tbh

5 Likes

yeah I would have fun trying them, you could them so interesting too, make them play on different maps

2 Likes

We opened a discussion on the Steam Inventory Service discussion board back in December to ask about requiring the Gold Upgrade for item drops. (Playtime generator having certain requirements similar to promotional items.) Unfortunately, it seems unlikely to be officially supported on Steam’s end. One option might be to drop invisible tokens that our own server can consume if the player owns the Gold Upgrade, but a downside of that would be bots could stockpile them until they reach a “break even” point worth purchasing the upgrade. Even so, that might be enough deterrent.

6 Likes

Yeah I would say that it would be more viable to do it that way, while yeah it still has some issues it drive more attention to the gold upgrade and if you do daily quests or something it could drive people to try single player on certain maps which would be cool.

2 Likes

What about randomized daily quests? Like collecting certain resources or crafting random recipes and the required resources are randomized as well.

2 Likes

Oh I like that idea, it would encourage exploration and crafting things that players might not have know about. You would have to make sure that it only works without cheats on or else people will just spawn in the items needed. But I think this is a good idea in the right direction.

1 Like

It would be a very fun thing. I would love to have daily quests.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.