Thoughts about the turneds based on recent unturned 3.0 changes

Yes, but in this example instead of needing to craft demo charges and find a detonator, you need to make some wooden plates.

1 Like

you said the player is making a mistake by not placing them

Can players put wooden plates inside a claim flag?

On a pvp server.

The fact that zombies aren’t constrained within limited navmeshes is one of the main reasons I never go back to 2.0. I could never pin point why, but that always made me really furstrated- and keep in mind 2.0 was much more pve focused than 3.0 is. I suspect there is a reason Nelson hasn’t brought this aspect back and I think you it would take monumental efforts to make that work nowadays.

1 Like

No, but claim flags have limited range. Just build a tower of plates outside the claim range then jump in.

1 Like

sentries aren’t cheap, it’s not like someone would have enough to cover a base yet alone a large base

1 Like

Finally, a technical problem.
I also always thought that way, but now, because of the heavy changes that the Unturned code is undergoing, it came to my mind if it would now be possible to make the zombies walk around again.

This problem is solved with this solution that @NSTM, presented here:

And as for that, make your base floating. What is the use of the player being on top of it if the zombies do not reach it?
You will not need to make any more sentrys to defend yourself against these players.

ah yes, improve the survival experience by making your base float

4 Likes

Agreeing with what the others have said, there are just too many different ways in U3 to cheese a global navmesh to raid a base with. Something like this would work a lot better in UII because many of these exploits would presumably be addressed via completely redone mechanics, but in U3, you’re out of luck.

• Sentries are far from the be-all-end-all of base defense. They’re incredibly easy to counter with high cal or explosive weaponry, expensive to craft (good luck getting tons of Rangefinders), and quite limited in their actual utility. Any experienced player will be able to hard counter one with an invulnerability-negating weapon, obstruct line of sight, or just outright drain their ammo.

• Claim flags exist, but as @NSTM mentioned, so do infinite plate pillars that can go over their radius - and basically moot fall damage that a splint or two can fix. Barring this, put a bunch of plates on a vehicle and you now have the Unturned equivalent of a siege tower.

• Skybases would thwart the issue of zombie-baiting, but they are fundamentally ridiculous as a feature.

• Zombies also have the problem of eating through anything like butter, no matter how structurally sound it is. I’ve always felt like a lot of balance in U3 is “all or nothing”, and despite zombies being so easy to kill, this is the other side of the coin.

• It would also be quite a significant challenge to redo the whole zombie navigation system for this purpose. That being said, with a stretch of the imagination, you could reasonably construe the recent netcode updates as making this more plausible, but that remains to be seen.

U3 is simply not mechanically designed for a global zombie navmesh without pressing some serious concerns on exploits. The iffy PvE balance and easily accessible raiding supplies also make the problem much worse.

5 Likes

I already find it more interesting, as it makes zombies something to fear and treat more carefully, rather than simply, if a huge horde forms behind you, just run away from the city and they will magically give up.
I think that somewhat disrupted the pve aspect of unturned 3.0, and made it the only real challenge for the game, other players. Which led the game to become a game practically focused on pvp, instead of being a survival game.

Building a gigantic wooden base seems very realistic, doesn’t it? Or a super wooden structure to jump over a house and then heal using a splint, or even just use an umbrella to cushion the fall! This is all very realistic, isn’t it?

Jokes aside, unfortunately Unturned is not a realistic game. So, in a universe where people can jump from incredible heights with an umbrella and take no damage, why can’t we have floating bases?

man i wish houses and towers existed in real life

Towers like the one you made here, I don’t think so.

And houses like the ones at Unturned, either.

Does this seem to be made out of wooden plates for you?

As for your answer, again it made me see that the main problem of the global navmesh, involves pvps servers.
It would only work perfectly on personal servers, like what we do to play with friends.
So it is not feasible for Unturned 3.0.

Excellent! Problem solved!

This is a pretty poopoo idea because it’s very exploitable!!! You should only be able to raid a base if you get the required materials for it rather than just using some free spawning zombies!!!

1 Like

I think zombies have the right to be free. All the zombies want is to protect the involvement. No bases means no pollution and no protection for the people, no protection for the people means more people will get turned into zombies. And the cycle repeats till the earth is so unbalanced, that aliens take over the world.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.