Thoughts on the Zubeknakov?

I want to know what people think about the zubeknakov here. PvP based communities I’m in tend to agree that the zubeknakov is currently overpowered and stronger than the maplestrike, but I got curious what other communities around unturned thinks about the zubeknakov.
I would really appreciate if people commented what they voted and why if you would take a bit of time even if its just a few words.

Zube Balance
    • It’s Overpowered
    • It’s Balanced
    • It’s Underpowered

0 voters

had to remake the poll because i suck at using the internet

2 Likes

imo the maplestrike is the best gun in the game for pvp. get the right attachments on it and it’s a laser.

My thoughts on the zube are that in pvp its stronger than the maple and overall its overpowered as a gun. The dps combined with its remarkably consistent recoil compared to the other ar’s in the game make it a very strong option and in most cases (unless ammo scarcity is a factor like in survival) its the best option for an assault rifle.

I’d recommend using vertical grip, ranger muzzle, chevron/cross scope, and adaptive chambering on a zube and seeing how easy the recoil is to control. Just from personal experience I have seen creative pvp servers convert from all maples to all zubes if one person starts to use a zube. Then again its cpvp so take that with a grain of salt.

I think it’s prefectly balanced. The recoil is inconsistent, the accuracy is much lower and its player damage is slightly lower than the one on maplestrike.

tbf without the right attachment combo, the zubek gets out performed by many other guns in the game, a maplestrike with nothing on it is crazy accurate, even without maxed out skills, I personally think though that if you have maxed out skills and the best attachments, the zubek is one of if not the top tier AR

1 Like

With zubeknakov and the right attachements, the DPS is so much higher than the maplestrike. The “pinpoint accuracy” of the maplestrike is irrelevant, you can literally hold the zubeknakov in one place during an aimfight in some angles and hit all bodies… There is no such thing as pinpoint accuracy on servers with ballistics as travel time is literally decided by how fast your CPU can process the mini raycasts, which is very hard to memorise with any gun, depending on range.

In any case, any gun with the right attachments and a low magnification scope will work fine for being accurate.

On it’s own, the maple probably is better than the zubeknakov simply just because its less rare.

2 Likes

Zubeknakov is the maple strike except it uses ranger ammo

I see no difference

Overpowered like so many other guns in the game, that 0.16s minimum time to kill speaks for itself (0.12s with adaptive :ok_hand:).

2 Likes

Just from my experience with both the maple and zube I’ve found that the recoil of the zube tends to be more consistent than the maple in most cases. The maples recoil has randomized deviations both left and right while the zube has slight deviations on how much it goes right.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I am really used to the maplestrike’s recoil, so it seemed more consistent.

No I have to agree with you, the recoil on the maplestrike is considerably easier to control

I’m genuinely surprised by the poll results, mainly how three-quarters of the people that voted think the zubeknakov is currently in a balanced state. also as a side note i really wish more people who voted posted why they voted the way they did

1 Like

Really… I don’t know in what world the Zubeknakov could be broken, I think with the necessary skill it is a very good weapon, but maplestrike with its incredible accuracy plus some attachments, make it a laser beam that is fucking broken, so I think the Zubeknakov is a good weapon.

You can’t tell me this weapon is balanced. This a very small spread for 75 rounds on 100 meters.

Does it have more uncontrollable recoil than Maplestrike? Yes, obviously, but you are also looking at more firerate and what goes with it, more DPS. While on longer ranges this is not quite desired, it is clearly still usable, on closer ranges the recoil will be negligible and it will win over Maplestrike.

I guess this thread should have been bit more specific, whether the weapon is balanced compared to unbalanced weapons in the base game or balanced in general. It’s definitely balanced when compared to something like Maplestrike, it will win over it in some cases but in some it will be slightly worse. On its own it’s definitely op, minimal time to kill of 0.16s is less than average human reaction time, I’d argue that’s awful balance in a survival game where you can spend hours obtaining your gear :woozy_face: Sadly quite a lot of 3.0 weapons can be tossed in ‘blatantly overpowered’ category and I hate it, it’s only compounded by terrible skill system (or should I say upgrade system?) and attachments with ridiculous stat boosts.

4 Likes

Yeah the TTK in 3.0 is fucked, almost comparable to Roblox’s Phantom Forces. Can’t fix the zubek unless if the TTK is fixed, and considering Nelson hasn’t touched guns in a long time nothing is gonna change anytime soon. Honestly 3.0 should be left as is, even if its gunplay is awful and just unfun. All focus should be set on U2 so it can build upon where 3.0’s gunplay failed.

4 Likes

As fucked as the TTK in 3.0 is I don’t think that aspect of the zube should be changed, at least not without changing the rest of the guns in the game and fundamentally altering how PvP itself works in U3.
I do think that even by the current U3 standards for gunplay and how guns are able to be controlled the zube is still very strong even compared to the maplestrike and other weapons of its class.
If you want an example from my personal clips I’ve gotten from it, have a quick edit i threw together of how good this gun is. https://youtu.be/gAT1uljxxzE
My suggestion on how to rebalance it would be to give it recoil similar to that of the nightraider, which would make its higher firerate both good and bad because the recoil would become inconsistent while still allowing it a place in the meta for its higher dps compared to the maple and nightraider.

also as a side note i would have more clips with it but i refuse to use it similarly to why soundsmith refuses to use the deadringer as spy. i have also seen entire pvp servers switch to using the zube multiple times when 1 guys that mains it shows up on the server, then people will make a server wide gentlemens agreement to stop using it.
also no offence renaxon but your recoil control isnt a great representation of what either gun is capable of

2 Likes

Zubek never should have been changed to begin with. It was much better off before it got nerfed. Only in 3.0’s world does there exist a reality in which a gun chambered in 7.62x39 is weaker than a gun chambered in 5.56 NATO. This is also the same game where a VSS Vintorez deals more damage than every assault rifle in the game and an MP40 deals the same damage as a SCAR.

Zubeknakov was a cool ranger alternative before it turned into a nifty AR with a higher rate of fire.

I can’t seem to like it as much as I did back before the Arms Shipment update

1 Like

The sad part about the zube in its current state is that the dps is one of the 2 aspects that make the zube as viable as it is currently. The other aspect being it’s simple to learn and somewhat easy to master recoil.
I have messed with the files of the zube to test different recoil values and I think that increasing the horizontal deviation of the recoils and slightly reducing vertical recoil to compensate would keep the zube viable but need it from its current state of being a near perfect laser beam.
But without the dps it has right now it’s just worse than the maple and nightraider because of the ammo capacity and worse ads spread