Trees After the new update cant be deleted

After experimenting a lot it seems I cannot delete trees that were from the legacy editor from before the latest update, however i can perfectly fine delete newly placed trees.

Also, After I had baked some trees I am unable to delete them, however manually placed trees can be deleted just fine.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

-Sincerly a norwegian

2 Likes

Trees that were added by the “bake foliage” tool can’t be deleted unfortunately. I suppose the trees added before the update were upgraded to devkit when the game updated so you have two options:

1. bake clear, then place trees manually so you can have more control over them

2. bake clear, then bake foliage again and hope for the best

hope this helps

Trees that were added by the “bake foliage” tool can’t be deleted unfortunately.

will this be fixed in the future?

1. bake clear, then place trees manually so you can have more control over them

So you want me to redo all the trees on my map?

1. bake clear, then bake foliage again and hope for the best

All this did was remove the grass, did nothing to fix the problem with the trees

on another note it seems i can delete some trees and not others

from what I’ve seen the foliage tool only removes the trees that are selected in the asset browser, maybe try selecting the different russia trees and deleting?

Manually removing individual baked trees and grass will be added in the next update with a new hotkey. By default they are filtered out from the removal brush because there are so many.

EDIT: Relevantly, we’ve just published a FAQ/blogpost that explains how to use various tools, and mentions some of the upcoming improvements to the editor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.