Tutorial cinematic

Just read what I said below, I just copied my reply from another topic.

perhaps your character opens their eyes in front of the tv screen or is sitting at a table, listening to music, when an emergency broadcast emits and gives a warning of a highly infectious disease which and such, your character gets up, controls pop onto the screen and you have to walk to the door, (btw there are sirens and occasional gunshots happening at this point, sirens are happening from the beginning). The game tells you how to open the door, and you head out of wherever you are at (if your in a apartment building maybe the game would teach you to sneak by zombies eating people in rooms with the doors open) on the ground outside the building there is a gun beside a fallen police officer, which your instructed to pick up. you head down an alleyway to avoid the streets, and maybe while walking down there, you see a horde of zombies pass up ahead, which then the game wont allow you to go that way, and instructs you to go another way. after a short while of wandering the game will give you and introduction to the combat system and such. then, you have to get into a vehicle where it teaches you how to drive, and turn on the lights and all the stuff related to vehicles. then you have to drive through the city to get to a train station, like @anon95004049 said, and as he said,

and possibly after doing thew tutorial your character will start singleplayer with the items you gathered. which should only be a gun with next to know bullets, and maybe a melee.

This came from Local58 - Analog Horror at 476MHz - #19 by Aj_Gaming

This is a more official discussion for it than on some random thread.

9 Likes

Reminds me of my old idea

But you know, doable.

Nobody is responding on this topic. its depressingl

1 Like

imo the player should just die (plus, it doesn’t make too much sense to begin Unturned II seconds immediately after the infection, at least, not the open-world survival part where there’d realistically still be people and power and all that).

This suggestion kinda makes replaying the Tutorial for a specific feature a bit tedious anyways. I kinda appreciate the previous tutorials we’ve had, although they should’ve been updated as the game was updated. Freeform tutorials are a lot easier to add on to, even just for niche things like a shooting range players can visit whenever, without having to go through a ton of scripted events.

On an unrelated note, whenever I think of scripted events I’m just reminded of how wonky Skyrim’s was, and how basically anything could break it. :')

I always appreciate Tutorial-based suggestions that try to incorporate lore, however.

3 Likes

its not exactly seconds, but oh well.

and I was more of thinking if there was a map based right after the infection,w here fires are still burninga nd you can hear gunshots in the distance, maybe your character would start int hat map. also, as I said, it only lets you go certain ways duringt he tutorial, wether its because you will die if you go one way or if wrecked vehicles are blocking it.

1 Like

the player should just die

me irl

6 Likes

This would be cool for some sort of “story mode” but like Molt I prefer freeform tutorials over these forced story situations, especially in a game where a big part is not story based, or otherwise designed for the player to build their own story (this is a large reason why I hate Starbound’s tutorial from the 1.0 update).

Starbounds tutorial actually seemed pretty neat. I like games where your character has to escape while the game basically shows what’s going on while you do so.

Like I said in that post, the only reason I did not like Starbound’s tutorial mission was because it felt like it forced a story. Before 1.0, Starbound was about self-progression and writing your own story about your travel through the stars. 1.0 kind of ruined that with its forced story progression and similar, and with Unturned designed as a survival game, I don’t want people to feel like they are locked to some sort of story.

Actually, here’s an idea, how about you choose which tutorial you want to play, a boring one like 3.0 or a harder and more fun one like the one I suggested

Also, they won’t be locked to one story. It’s only the tutorial.

Eh, I dunno. Having multiple tutorials just so one is a L4D esque cinematic thing seems redundant or just unnecessary, not sure which.

ya know, I would actually make a animation to represent it. but Im terrible at animating.

This still bogels my mind

Bruh,don’t you know that 4.0 houses will have doors? How is it confusing as well?

U didnt get it im still surprised that unturned 2 will have doors i mean it is a huge leap for unturned dont you think

Every other version of the game has doors, just they haven’t been out on houses automatically. Till now.

I know (words)

It really bogles my mind that houses having doors bogles yours
(no, you did not just have a stroke)

3 Likes

It really really boggles my mind that it really boggles your mind that houses having doors boggles my mind ( yes i did have a stroke)

1 Like

I shall dial 9Molt-molt for you kind sir.

1 Like