U4 Megalist of ideas/suggestions/thoughts

Funny how you quote that phrase in your reply, considering that part of the post as a whole was against the specific storage system you suggested, not better storage organization as a whole. In fact, I even had a small suggestion for sorting inventories or storage to better reduce clutter and organize. It gets even better when you look to see that the quick sorting in inventories (again, the suggestion that I endorsed), was actually the most was actually the highest voted option on your poll. In fact, if you actually take the ideas and suggestions I explicitly agreed with or mentioned, they make up 62% of the votes in the poll. Funny how that works.

Donā€™t try and present statistics in a way that favors you and straw mans the otherā€™s argument.

2 Likes

You commented in your post that my idea was ā€œunnecessaryā€ so I decided to go out and ask people what they thought was a necessary upgrade or addition to the current system, if any at all.

I mean, the topic header says ā€œInventory system overhaulā€ so just in general Iā€™m advocating for a change, and just gave a quick idea based on systems Iā€™ve used and seen in Minecraft. So yeah, Iā€™d like to see ā€œbetter storage organization as a wholeā€ but I dont exactly know how to go about it. I just pointed to the best storage system in any game that Iā€™ve ever seen. The one that is the easiest, most fun, most practical, and most balanced.

Yeah, I know. Thats why I included that as an option in the poll. I have a Minecraft client-mod that lets me sort my inventory, or sort the inventory of a chest Iā€™m inside of and its very helpful.

I didnā€™t try to twist facts or statistics in a beneficial way. 3 of the questions is anti-change and the other 3 are pro-change. I added the percentages of pro together, and it was, at the time, 60%. I explicitly said ā€œvotesā€ and not ā€œvotersā€

And furthermore, and I explained that

Which is pro-change, and accounts for the 3 pro-change questions in the poll. I dont see this as ā€œmanipulativeā€ or straw manning, just getting peoples opinion and conveying the data.

Sure, you could look at each individual questions percentage, and youā€™re right, your idea is more popular, but the poll was a lot less about which suggested way of implementing change would be best, and more about if there needs to be change at all. Asking if change is necessary

Iā€™mā€¦ not trying to be rude or anything. Iā€™m not angry or upset. theres no need to say things like

edit: nice

1 Like

doesnā€™t it cost money tho

Itā€™s still fun tho

but bro i dont got money bro

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.