Unityplayer.dll caused an access violation

Hello. A month ago I started to encounter a strange little crash, where my game would freeze for a second and then recover, only to stop playing all ingame sounds. Googling my error lead me to updating my audio drivers, fixing the problem. However, this gave rise to a new and much more tedious issue. “Unityplayer.dll caused an access violation” Here is a short little copypaste of the comprehensible part of one such error log.

Unturned [version: Unity 2017.4.18f1 (a9236f402e28)]

UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module UnityPlayer.dll at 0033:cddaa299.

Error occurred at 2019-02-23_171032.
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Unturned\Unturned.exe, run by Matt.
74% memory in use.
8055 MB physical memory [2058 MB free].
16107 MB paging file [9625 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8385183 MB free].
Read from location 00000018 caused an access violation.

I’ve also asked around on the official unturned discord server and I’ve sent SDG support an email roughly 8 days ago with no reply. Here are some things I have tried to fix my issue:

Uninstalled and Reinstalled relevant drivers. Full virus scan, both ssd and hdd on Windows Defender, Windows Security Essentials and Malwarebytes (+rootkit). Verified Game Integrity. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Unturned. Unsubscribed to all workshop content as well as deleting the files manually. Full scan on Font errors.

This crash appears to appear randomly, sometimes during the loading screen and sometimes after 4 hours of playing. I have 50 crashes worth of error logs and crash.dmp files. I have an i5-3570 4 core 3.4 ghz processor, 2x4 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 and Intel HD Graphics (lol). I understand that Windows 7 is not the recommended OS but i’m working on fixing that, even though it’s going to be expensive as i have no product key. Some people have also mentioned a possible memory leak. Thank you for reading this wall of text. Feel free to message me directly on this website or on discord (FluffyMallard#9640).

Edit 1: I’d also like to mention that i’ve been playing on nothing but the lowest graphical settings with 640 resolution and minimal view distance. Changing the settings doesn’t seem to affect the crash however.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.