Unturned 3.0 UI Remake (Concept Videos)

Elements such as inspecting clothing on the character are nice, but for me the rest is just too much.
The transitions are fast and unnecessarily in many places, as they do not bring anything new, except of bringing “life” to elements that do not need to be interactive/dynamic.
Also not a fan of the main UI and how the buttons are designed.

I think in the future its better to post in anonymous way if you want to actually get feedback instead of just getting <3. c
I think lots of positive comments are simply due to the fact that the content is made by well known content makers, so bias is inevitable.

1 Like
1 Like

I fucking love family gyy

You have never told a funny joke in your life

2 Likes

Man that’s so beautiful

I once had a dream about untuned UI , something similar to this, there was a drawer where you can choose your clothes and such.

I like animtics version since it’s most similar to our original UI, although I don’t like how the words of what you did (you killed etc etc…) pass by really quickly Ild prefer if you can just click an arrow to see what you did, also it shakes to much.

But Ild rather us keeping the original ui with minor improvements, maybe you can select clothes items in the clothing menu like for example you can select it just to show you pants or just to show eyewear.

1 Like

Objectively speaking, nothing on a main menu needs to be ‘interactive’ or 'dynamic, you could be presented with a black screen with all the buttons needed to get around and it would work. The point of this discussion though is to be elaborate, a dynamic menu adds life and personality to the game. Nothing needs to be this elaborate, but we should try to add some life and personality to the first thing you see and can interact with.

Most people so far have been very vocal in saying they hate the UI, I doubt posting it under my account changed any of the responses ;D

2 Likes

I would never recommend removing those features, but they should definitely be automatically collapsible to another tab or menu like in every other major game on Steam.

1 Like

Hearts on the SDG forums

5 Likes

Just to throw this in here since people are talking about the amount of animatedness – main menus (& websites) with a lot of animated/interactive elements often also have a way to disable them. (A common accessibility feature, because of motion sickness.)

2 Likes

The menu is very dated and hasn’t had an aesthetic change at all really since it’s release, whilst this rendition may not be perfect it is still miles better than what is in game right now.

2 Likes

No offense Nelson but the menu sucks dookie booty

3 Likes

are you still expecting something good from me?

No I’m just pointing it out

maybe you should have been anonymous when you sold your dignity for 600 euros

13 Likes

I don’t like the interface (tho I know it was a first time you made such UI), but I like the animation (especially Dug’s one, of course) and that concept when the map’s sight changes when you choose the other map. (PEI lighthouse > Seattle Space Needle)

1 Like

Please refrain from derailing the original topic/discussion, which was about the design of the main menu UI.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.