Unturned 3 Controller Support Suggestions

Hello, I come to the forums bearing the fruits of my labor. I have successfully (using the official steam controller API) made my official Nintendo switch pro controller compatible with unturned 3. While it is unlikely that anyone would actually use a controller, or my layout for that matter, here is a link to the layout if you want to try it out. (I am still trying to figure out how to get third person working, I’ll update this post if I do)

I wanted to post here to describe some things that could be changed to allow controller support to work much better, and maybe make this a viable option of play if someone is crazy enough to actually use one of these controllers.

Here are my suggestions to improve upon controller support:

• Button prompts
    Currently, even if a controller is set up and plugged in, The prompts will still show keyboard keys. For example, when looking at an item instead of showing what controller button to press in order to pick it up, It shows F still.

• Controller Sensitivity option
    We should have a separate option to change controller sensitivity that instead of a slider is a static set of buttons to easily allow a comfortable set up without fucking with your normal sens.

• Allow vehicles to swap button layout (action set)
    While I haven’t experimented much with action sets (I believe they are the key to using third person) It would be nice to allow us to change the button layout when doing certain actions (if that is possible…) Maybe like when you go into a plane it binds look and move to one stick so flying is easier.

• More default layouts
    At the moment the only default layout for unturned is for the steam controller, I think it would be nice to have more for each kind of popular controller so that it will be an easier setup for people who just want to use a controller and don’t want to worry about rebinding keys and junk. Hell I would be down to make layouts for Nelson myself if given the option.

• AIM ASSIST
    I know this might be hard to set up with how unturned is currently built but it would be an absolute godsend to have aim assist when you have a controller plugged in. At the moment it is almost impossible to get good shots because people can easily just move out of range of your shots. I mainly use shotguns because its the only gun you can really use.

That’s pretty much it there might be more but I would need to do more testing. Before you comment “Nelson shouldn’t really worry about that right now” or “this really isn’t a big deal” I know and I somewhat agree. Just bringing this to peoples attention.

7 Likes

strong text

3 Likes

can you bind the wiimote into unturned though

4 Likes

If I still had a wiimote and sensor bar Id try lmao

what about xbox sensor

what, Xbox controllers can have wires

fuck yea

time to do this shit

1 Like

Does my Nintendo Power glove work with ypur algorithm?

2 Likes

Can we add support for a will controller. And prehaps even a game cube.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.