Unturned 4.x on Console

So for those who haven’t seen the latest 4.x update blog here it is: https://blog.smartlydressedgames.com/unturned-4-x-devlog-005/

Something that i didn’t see any people comment on his how one of the screenshots shows multiplayer with 2 windows open but 3 players because one of the windows is split screen, now we all know you don’t really have split screen on computers right?

So my guess is 4.x will be ported to console like how PUBG was, not sure if Nelson himself will be doing this or with the help of another studio nor which console he might be porting to.

What do you think about it being on console?

I mean, there are several PC games that support splitscreen. Would be something to see a console port though.

2 Likes

It would be nice to see Unturned go on the console edge but at the same time wouldn’t the player base be separated as a result?

It would be unless there was cross-platform integration (which is difficult and slow, and I’d imagine it’d be far more cumbersome for Nelson to do as a lone developer).

It’s not commented on that much because people already knew it (splitscreen) was planned for a while. While there aren’t plans for porting to console, there is controller support.

Splitscreen can function with a keyboard and controller as separate controllers, and while not optimal for some typical monitors it will work “good” for anyone using a TV monitor for whatever reason. (ie: Steam Link or primary monitor.)

2 Likes

There are no plans at the moment to bring 4 to consoles. My focus is entirely on PC and improving the experience of the game on PC, so it wouldn’t be me working on the console version.

11 Likes

Hmm, So what was up with split screen? will we be able to play 2 player with 1 PC using controller support or something like that?

or were you just testing random stuff

I think that’s what he meant when he said “Split Screen”

There are a few games on PC that support split-screen so there’s nothing wrong with Unturned doing it. :slight_smile:

Plz nelson if u want u can do it in 2019 but plz do a console version,
my pc can not stand sophisticated graphic :frowning:
and sorry if I made you angry

how many times do we have to say that 4.0 will be a lot more optimized than 3.0, heck it will most defiantly run faster than 3.0

also that comment is technically a necropost

also, half decent hardware is pretty cheap, save some money and you can upgrade your pc

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

Also try not to necropost there edsini

oi, autocorrect said that was correct

ok im really sorry for that :frowning:

a lot of new forum users make mistakes, don’t worry.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.