Unturned on XBOX 1

1. Would require updates to be made for Console systems too

2. Nelson is already working on two games simultaneously, on the same platform

3. If 3.0 was any indication, 4.0 may not be able to run well (1080p 60 FPS) on Console

4. Moved to 4.0 subforum

2 Likes

I would probably give Unturned 4.X a try on Xbox One if it were available and free, but I, and presumably others, wouldn’t want pay for it twice, just so I could play on a platform that it might not be as well supported on.

Porting a game is more complicated than just copying files to a different system. Not just with making the game run, but also pushing updates out to the game.

1 Like

There is no defintive proof that Unturned 4.0 is going to be a paid game. I’d assume if FortNite can be free, so can Unturned on consoles.

1 Like

First of all, Nelson would have to get permission from Microsoft to put it on Xbox, second of all it would take ages to make the game work for xbox, he would constantly have to change the code and see if it works, try again and so on. So yeah its not gonna happen buddy.

1 Like

This topic keeps recurring so many times that I’ve given up trying to point out all the major problems with porting Unturned to consoles, so I’m just instead going to leave Nelson’s own response to another similar thread:

I acknowledged the possibility that it could be free.

That’s…never going to happen.

i think that making unturned a free game and the only game of SDG i think on a consol who need a payed licens to make a game on it.i don’t think it will be good for Nelson and SDG because of the money problem.

1. Not planned for Console

2. How would making a game a paid game make this an issue for Nelson’s money? He’ll be making profit

1 Like

No just no.

Unturned 4.0 should be on consoles, but ONLY when it is 100% complete so updates are less often. Since you have to pay Sony/Microsoft to update your game on their consoles.

Aka it will only come years after the release of mainstream 4.0, seeing as 3.0 took this long to build to its climax.

A waste of time and resources

2 Likes

Aj_Gaming,

You do realize that it would be much more effective to hire around five descent programmers to help out with the process of converting Unturned from PC to Xbox 1. Yes, it will cost him some money but with the profits he has made off of steam and would make off of Microsoft and/or Sony would be completely worth it

You do realise you did a 9 months necropost ?
You do realise Nelson do whatever he want ?

2 Likes

you do realize im a shiteposteè

You do know that you’re posting in an old thread where it’s most likely that people’s opinion and knowledge of the subject has changed as this topic has been mentioned and discussed multiple times in this forum, with the most definite conclusion that a console port is unlikely to happen with no doubt that it’s probably the last thing the dev may do.

Wait hold up…

Alright stop right there fella.

Its not about money, its about if its possible to do.

Nelson has no plans for the unturned go to consoles, and if I’m not mistaken the license to launch a game for consoles is expensive.