Unturned 4.x stats UI seem to complicated

It isn’t.
[10 char limit]

3 Likes

The one on the right is too vague and not so useful, especially for advanced stats.

Maybe do a little schooling and you’ll understand basic multiplication/percentages/decimals. Then you don’t have to rely on pictures and simple numbers like a junior level primary school kid

9 Likes

The one on the right is just confusing me. What is the damage graph? What are those bar graphs doing, and what numbers are they based on? Those stats are better represented with percentages.

3 Likes

Someone call the fire department cuz I can smell the roast from here

3 Likes

It’s just stats from Phantom Forces https://www.roblox.com/games/292439477/Phantom-Forces

No, I actually like the robust and direct way that the stats are listed out. Definitely far easier than the highly convoluted concept you have with bars that don’t even list numerical values.

You also flat-out removed a lot of the information as well.

2 Likes

He just used the UI from a different game as an example, so the numbers don’t exactly match Unturned.

(Totally irrelevant but “poorly convoluted” seem like the wrong words to me.)

1 Like

Phantom Forces in particular is a bad example, given it’s not inherently as realistic or as in-depth as Unturned 4.0.

@Goanna
To the OP, next time if you want to demonstrate a concept, make your own instead of ripping one from a poorly suited game.

1 Like

I do think a damage dropoff graph would be useful. Right now my plan is to have an extra inspector for guns which looks for dropoff stats, and draws a graph expanded to some multiple of 100m distance and 20 damage, but still leave the numeric stats available. It might make sense to hide the stats comparison under a dropdown and have a simpler, friendly stats screen by default.

4 Likes

Real men: first image
Kids: second image
Special kids: BIG / normal / small… damage, recoil and ammo capacity

While I do appreciate accessibility, I think there should at least be a toggle option or something if this does go through, so people like me who prefer the more complicated interface can keep it that way.

That said I do see why someone might be intimidated by a list of stats and raw values/rates/percentages.

Another game that has a lot of in-depth stats is RimWorld, and while they pull off the raw data display/application very well, there isn’t much on the visual side. As long as the actual stats being applied aren’t dumbed down, I’m satisfied.

1 Like

LOL
[Oh my god guys calm down hes just a kiddo]

Options to toggle a simple / advanced display of stats are always good.
Letting people choose so most can be happy.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.