Unturned FPS

Firing range would have lower fps than the other maps considering the PC would have to render more landscape.

1 Like

A big firing range with practically nothing,wow a nice landscape huh!,There were optimizations in the firing range in the cpu part, which were disabling later, so what is causing the low fps to be in the gpu part.
Anyway I think the cause of the low fps in the firing range is not the need to process a big ‘’ landscape ‘’,And yes the animated targets, given that fps improves when we are not looking at them,And no matter how much the resolution scale down the fps not changes at all.
@Raieus

I can run unturned fine like this.

Yeah that’s fine.

I’m referring to those very cheap laptops with half the specs of that

Wait graphic card-less pcs exist? I thought it was either dedicated or integrated.

also that sounds like a nightmare

Me and my friends reproduced this - the FPS on firing range is dramatically less than other maps. Playing on default settings. This needs to be really optimised, unfamiliar with how Unreal works but the grass could be the cause, or the moving targets but I highly doubt that. I haven’t checked if there’s a render mode option but that could be an interesting check.

We all have different PC specs, we all have GPUs also. They have ATIs and I have an nVidea 1050.

Integrated is graphics card less I believe

@anonimoanbu

70+ FPS in Horde Mode Chapel

65+ FPS in CQC

20+ FPS in Firing Range, facing down range

35+ FPS in Firing Range, facing away from the range

Wrong. There’s alot.
As of now, Firing Range has the largest terrain out of all the other maps, meaning more for UE to render.

(terrain with wireframes)
There’s plenty of things to render considering it is terrain. I assume terrain needs optimizations in the LOD culling department.

But it is. It is because of the terrain.

FPS improves when you look away from the range because there is fewer terrain to render.
A 26 vert moving target doesn’t take a hit on fps, even if there were 100 of it.

: /

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.