Unturned freeze on loading screen

Hello, have good day to who reading this.

Ok, my Unturned was okay before my new Graphics Card i guess. When i launch Unturned, everything is okay until loading " Skin assets 348/380 ". My game doesn’t crash, gets black screen for 3 seconds after loading " Skin assets 348/380 " then moves me to desktop. Unturned still runs in task manager and task bar. But i can’t open it. I have to end the process in taskmanager. You guys probably will recommend me Updating Windows, Drivers, Upgrading Windows Version, DDU (Unused driver cleaner) but nothing seems to be solving this problem, I only didn’t try to reinstall my Windows. In Steam Library, I updated back to 2.2.5 update and game works fine! But whatever the problem is, happens in same spot, 348/380. Next day, it changes, its okay to load skins assets somehow but now it stucks at loading " Map Assets 7/blabla ". I reinstalled game more than 5 times, deleted my workshop subscriptions, underclocked my gpu, gave high priority to game, forced game to use 6.0, 7.1, 8.1, 9.0 DirectX. Didn’t work. Some stats for nerds;

My old GPU was ATI Radeon HD 7350 OC’ed by me
Coreclock: 800Mhz (default 650)
Memoryclock: 1135MHz (default 700)
DirectX Version: 11
Video Memory: 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
Memory Interface: 64bit

My new GPU is Seclife GT 420 OC’ed by me
Coreclock: 730 (default 700)
Memoryclock: 700 (default 670)
DirectX Version: 12 (originally 11, but bought as 12)
Video Memory: 2GB DDR3
Memory Interface: 128bit

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
Intel Celeron G550 2.6GHz
4GB DDR3 1666MHz RAM

Btw if you didn’t know, my old gpu uses 19W, my new GPU uses 50W due to Internet. But still not about power supply. Because if it was, i won’t be able to play other games that i was playing before my new GPU. It only happens on Unturned tho.

Can it be about DirectX version? Maybe Unturned thinks im still using 11? Maybe tries to load preloads from my old GPU Maybe crashes randomly? Or am i crazy i want to play back this game. The reason i bought new GPU is that it was dying.

Thank you for your time.

I think you downgraded

3 Likes

Library>Unturned Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity Game Files>Wait, untill it finishes its work>Boot up Unturned (if you have questions, ask).

EDIT: This could solve the problem but I do not gurantee!

Second EDIT: And here’s another method if the previous one doesn’t work:
Library>Unturned Properties>Local Files>Browse Local Files>Start Unturned_BE
I saw this in a YouTube which claims this should fix the issue.

1 Like

no, im not

did it work ?

Thank you for your respond, as i said I reinstalled game 5 times and also verified it many times. But gonna try again. (Downloading game again now)

try the second method

Did these steps like many times, Run BE in local files, run as admin, give property… But gonna try again and will let you know, for now im downloading game (again :weary:). After that i will

1- Verify files
2- Start Unturned_BE

As i said i will let you know asap

Alright good luck mate.

So i did reinstall the game, steps i did:

1- Verify game
2- Run game

So I verified the game and ran, and it load about %90 and got stuck again but this time it got stuck at 387/480 map assets.

3- Verify game again and run again.

I did, nothing changed

4- Run BE_

Nothing changed

5- Run BE_ as admin

Nothing changed

Well, it could be something wrong with your PC components. Nothing else I can think of can be done, Sorry.

Yeah, you could be right. I got blue screen for first time when it got froze. It gave me the code " VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" . As it says VIDEO, it means GPU, probably my GPU doesn’t run well with my system. But only in “Unturned” tho :confused:

Btw thanks for you time, I appreciate that.

Try running Unturned_BE with different compatibility modes (Right click on Unturned_BE>Properties>Compatibility and try launching it with different versions of windows)

Okey, sorry for really late reply but it didn’t work aswell. But i tried some method

Game got frozen again, but i didnt close it as always i did. I w8 for 3 minutes, it went blank screen to black screen :open_mouth: I started hearing main theme, and after few seconds i got " d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) " error.

Try this:

• Go to the “Library”

• Right-click the game which needs to be reconfigured.

• Select “Properties” from the menu.

• Click the “Set launch options…” button.

• Type -force-opengl on the text box

You can also use -force-d3d9 on the text box if -force-opengl does not work.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/672630/discussions/0/1693785035813891735/ You are talking about this, i did it but this time it didnt give me crash, instantly closed itself without any crash reports lol XD

Tried downgrading GPU’s drivers?

I didn’t, always got told about updating latest, Game crash even crashes my pc, sometimes gives meblue screen “VIDEO_INTERNAL_SCHELUDER_ERROR”

• -dxlevel 80
  • -dxlevel 81
  • -dxlevel 90
  • -dxlevel 95
  • -dxlevel 98

Gotta try those and downgrade my gpu driver, I’ll let you know asap ty for staying

Btw my GT420 is currently on version 391.35, i can downgrade to 388.13 so far, should i go for further or stay on 391.xx ? like 391.24?

Idk