Unturned II Community Documentation

Hey Nelson and Community!

First off I want to say that I think your mindset for Unturned II is great! Looks to me like you being careful and giving yourself(And the community) the ability to change the game easily and upgrade most aspects of Unturned, which is very exciting!

I just want to discuss with everyone about the lack of documentation in the past regarding modding and workshop creations.

To this day, searching forums, steam groups and YouTube only reveals outdated and incomplete information. The vast majority of which comes from community members, who have to assume a certain amount of high-level knowledge.

For this reason I would like to ask you to make it a priority in the next edition of Unturned to either create, or hire/ task someone to create and maintain, accurate and thorough documentation of the workshop/ modding processes. I know that investing in the community will pay off dividends with excellent and creative content.

I personally cannot wait to apply my 3-D modeling and C++ knowledge to create custom game-modes for Unturned II. I look forward to reading what you guys think about this. If the knowledge was easily accessible, would you utilize it? I would.

Thanks,
HoldBaker

Edit: Removed one unnecessary line.

26 Likes

Hmmmm…
Yes. I agree.

Welcome to the Forums.

2 Likes

Weird flex but ok

god has returned

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums Baker, and welcome back to the community! Haven’t seen ya seen in a while.

6 Likes

I’ve been keeping up with all the Devlogs and updated. Haven’t had anything to add until now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just a heads-up that this has always been the plan, and all official documentation (which was started last year and will be updated more in the future) is on the official wiki.

I’d like you to the Modding article, but it wouldn’t be helpful to you atm because—

2 Likes

Is there technical documentation on the wiki?

Nelson doesn’t post their officially. People just post stuff about devlogs and features and give a source and etc.

The official documentation on the wiki is maintained by Nelson. I’m not sure what page you’re talking about, as there’s no guide page that mentions devlogs.

It sounds like you might be talking about the Upcoming features article, but that’s not related to the original post.

3 Likes
Not that Nelson. Warrior was obviously talking about Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson, 1st Duke of Bronté, who, indeed, has not officially posted anything on the wiki.

The Most Noble Lord Horatio Nelson, Viscount and Baron Nelson, of the Nile and of Burnham Thorpe in the County of Norfolk, Baron Nelson of the Nile and of Hilborough in the said County, Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Vice Admiral of the White Squadron of the Fleet, Commander in Chief of his Majesty’s Ships and Vessels in the Mediterranean, Duke of Bronté in the Kingdom of Sicily, Knight Grand Cross of the Sicilian Order of St Ferdinand and of Merit, Member of the Ottoman Order of the Crescent, Knight Grand Commander of the Order of St Joachim

3 Likes

well hello there :3

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.