Unturned II Devlog #035

The game also runs a lot better now,Nelson really did a good job with the optimization,i can finally run the shooting range with more than 10 fps (40-50 now)

5 Likes

I want the beta but I don’t want it at the same time
what should I do

I think you be fine,if my toaster can run it sure anything will

I wonder what was the problem that killed the fps I got now on firing range from 15 fps to 70-80 fps. Also snow displacement cost 15 fps even there is no snow.Did u guys whit higher specs got big fps improvments?

Here is a follow-up about the performance difference: The FOV increases the fps

9 Likes

This update has made UII significantly more playable, thanks Nelson!

1 Like

I am definitely feeling these optimizations - I’m now getting 80fps on firing range where before I’d get 40!

do we get a special beret if we got the game before the tickets were given out

im not playing unless i have a special beret

imagine not playing a game solely because you don’t get nice hat

2 Likes

Nice, animation looks good. I like the mark the axe leaves as well.

As always is an excellent job, Nelson, now I can run the game with almost everything in the middle, without being below 30 to 35 fps, unfortunately we had to temporarily give up on the snow shift feature, but in the future it will return to applied sense through a different feature that doesn’t affect fps, all of this was possible thanks to the community’s feddback and Nelson’s work.

1 Like

if i dont get a nice hat i won’t need to imagine it

Will we see sky bases in Unturned II? I think that they have to be in the game, cuz it’s really fun to live in a giant sky base, as well as raid them, I know that they’re very OP, but who cares about it, the main reason we’re playing games is fun, they can be also added with a new game mechanic that will allow building sky bases legally, for example, to build 3 by 3 plate in the air you will need to put some sort of a giant balloon on it, but it will only work with wooden materials.

1 Like

I went from 50-60 fps on the shooting range (max settings) to around 90

1 Like

You are honestly amazing , me and some more people pointed out the problem and you fixed it in no time !

1 Like

Balloons seem like an interesting way to make them but I’d see skybases being more of something that gets modded in instead. Restricting them to lighter materials like wood could give some people an incentive to not make them though. Maybe add on too much weight and they aren’t able to stay as high. I may consider making a mod that does that if we don’t have any other alternative to skybases.

2 Likes

“Directional attacks ala melee-focused games like Mount & Blade.”
Oh my. I feel ankowledged. Will the sequel of my favorite game #1 have features from my favorite game #2 and it’s very anticipated sequel?? Life couldn’t possibly become better.

One thing I really love is the wood chips that fly up when hitting stuff. If feel like small additions like that make things like chopping wood all the more satisfying. Also just in general when you are sorting loot, each item has a sound. Bullets when dragged make the sound of jingling bullet casings, which is such a nice touch.

I love this feature in rust, when you move logs in your inventory it sounds like dropping a pile of logs at your feet, or rocks being shuffled when managing stone. I love this and am glad to see it in U2.

Small features like the sounds and the satisfying woods chips makes games whole.

4 Likes

@SDGNelson This update summed up

9 Likes