Unturned II Devlog #036

he has U3 sounds combined with new ones

Edit: I’ve determined that the sound of a tree colliding with surfaces is actually just Nelson recording himself eating chips

3 Likes

I AM THE LORAX

I SPEAK FOR THE TREES

AND THE TREES SAY "UNTURNED II IS FREE"

6 Likes

Love the look of the new trees. Also, gib paint for buildables. Not now but eventually down the line.

2 Likes

It is just me or the game is starting to get that 2.0 feeling (witch is a good thing imo) with the colors and such.
The trees look fantastic, maybe the trunks need to be a little more brown colored and
adding couple more leaves but they still look incredible

3 Likes

Nice! Tree’s falling and piling on top each other looks good. Nice survival atmosphere coming off them. These tree falling physics look better than games that are meant to look real like DayZ and Rust.

Played a little on the beta and was actually more hyped than I thought I would be for something simple like trees. Like I said above the physics of the trees are nice.

I really like how the fallen trees are not just fake trees but objects your character can interact with. Can’t wait to see some niche moments when players chop a tree to get a across a river or a cliff.

Also can’t wait to see some bushwookie tactics by using the fallen trees to your advantage for an ambush. If you can’t tell from the picture I am quite high in the air.

Also the fog looks great in the pine trees. Although Unturned is cartoony this looks very appealing, these features compliment the Unturned look. Can’t wait to see things like rain and snow. I think the ability to deforest or plant a forest will be really cool to see. Places look really different with trees or without and will be cool to see the players “customize” the map. I am most excited to clear trees around my base so people cant use them as cover. The dense forests look very nice as well.

10 Likes

Im just happy that the trees are out of the way, now he can focus on the important things… RoLE plAy

i Believe this new concept by nelson is awesome and i am imagining a forest map where we literally make campfire and be in center of forest fighting animals and zombies
it would have been really nice if zombies could wander or npc could move
also nelson should go towards real world realistism for eg when player exit he can only do so in bed and his avatar will be shown sleeping and it can be killed like rust and much more including underwater content or events like dam breaks or something and breakable houses
the tree concept is very nice tho
dont attack me its just an opinion
and yeah The Old Unturned Inventory and gun attachement were good than this one
in inventory the OLD WHITE boxes would do fine and it was nice it covered the whole screen when you pressed G and the gun attachement screen is just flooded

can’t wait until i get bonked on the head from a falling tree xd

2 Likes

i like the brief dust particles that appears when destroying trees, but they’re probably just place holder

@The_Berrie-Man le vietcong has arived

3 Likes
1 Like

Tree walls around bases lol

1 Like

For some reason I keep thinking of “The Forest” while watching this. Even though there really arent any similarities.

1 Like

Other than a forest?

I guess.

And chopping down trees.

Also things that want to eat you.

Ect.

1 Like