Unturned II Devlog #042

Unturned II Devlog #042

December 4th 2020 by SDGNelson

4.20.14.0 update with shade zombies, punching, and more!

28 Likes

mfw the body got back up

9 Likes

The only negative point was the shape of the gloves, they look like a sponge, and there is no longer that opening for the ‘’ thumb ‘’.

5 Likes

Please, I want to startle the witch in unturned

3 Likes

I’m honestly surprised by the fact that we got player zombies faster, than actual zombies (outside of the limited Horde mode)

6 Likes

Just a note that this specific change is currently intentional due to some design decisions made recently that would’ve conflicted with the old fingerless design.

3 Likes

Even so, I believe a more square design would be better.

What a great idea, I love it. But is the current backpack jiggle physics a placeholder or is that what Nelson is planning on keeping? Because I find the jiggle physics a bit too over the top.

4 Likes

Damn nice idea and has room for a lot of potential. I think this paired with zombies in town, roaming zombies, and different zombie types will make the game feel more diverse and alive. I like the idea as well for better looted players to perhaps be stronger. Making it not always just a passive zombie you have to kill, but something you have to fight. But I still enjoy the idea of some passive zombies vibing.

I would love to see going into a city and have some zombies “sleeping” on the ground and react to movement and noise. Or seeing a passive zombie roaming through the woods, not trying to kill anyone. I /zombify-ed myself in the gun range, and the passive zombies looked pretty good walking through the woods.

Also is there a way to downvote a comment, #KeeptheJiggle

3 Likes

In all seriousness, a voting system for suggestions was considered in the past. Don’t think it’ll happen due to the scope of the forum. Replies showing support for things as-is is usually much more valuable anyways. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah a voting system would just devolve into downvoting comments you don’t agree with instead of downvoting comments that don’t contribute to the discussion

2 Likes

What do you think the report button is for? If you don’t like a post, why should the rest of the forums get to see it?

/s

2 Likes

yep, I need those jiggle physics for when nelson adds proper modding tools, you can guess why.

6 Likes

Will the turning be instant, as seen in the video, or will it take some time to become turned?

Also, since the character turned without being attacked by a zombie (or other means which would cause infection), does that mean lorewise that the virus (or whatever pathogen) will behave like that one from TWD (everyone’s already infected, but virus is dormant)?

3 Likes

I believe it is better for the game than just the player killed by a zombie (or at least it took a few bites to transform), I think it is bad that a player killed by a hit by a car comes back as a zombie.

Ya I just wanted to make a joke and show I want to keep the jiggle. A voting system would be chaos.

You fiend.

1 Like

On one hand, a massive fight in a closed area resulting in the enemies becoming buffed-out zombies while everyone is low on ammo sounds pretty cool. On the other hand, dying to the classic 3.0 spikes in a bush trap and then having to beat your buffed-out zombie to death sounds frustrating.

2 Likes

Players will turn due to factors related to being attacked by a zombie. The player in the video turned because of a console command.

5 Likes

I’m guessing by how infected you are probably. Armor plates should heavily reduce the chance of getting infected by getting bit then.