Unturned II | Ideas for RP!

i feel like these should be mods since they would clutter memory with random stuff that doesn’t matter. (2)

3 Likes

Curated maps and their respective contents are not created my Nelson, but I’m sure that he could curate someone else’s RP bundle. Again, I like RP too, but 4.0 is going to be about survival at its core. I think that we should just leave that to modders and let Nelson focus on survival.

1 Like

It’s a mode for cars where the car stays at the current speed without you needing to press the gas

1 Like

oh why would we need that?
Instead all keys in unturned II should be changeable and be changed from hold to toggle.

Makes it so you don’t have to hold down w all the time

Pretty sure cruise control is better than toggling the gas pedal. Either go none of the way or all the way with your idea.

Well if you implement my idea (And driving controls become seperate from walking controls)
Cruise control is pretty much added passively

How so? If it toggles it then you’re going max speed the whole time.

1 Like

Cruise control is automatic driving.

Plus if you want too change your speed maybe nelson could add speed-changer to arrow keys?

I’ve seen people mention that in the past but how does toggling the gas like you said work for cruise control. Cruise control isn’t cruise control if you cant select the speed unless by toggling you mean that you hit a key and it locks the speed like cruise control does.

i guess it would be better to have the option of toggleable driving and customizable movement speed while driving.
Instead of cruise control

Do you even know what cruise control is? You keep saying “automatic driving”

What the hell do you mean by that?

I’ve got no idea what that’s supposed to mean. Toggleable driving would be either all or nothing. Customizable movement speed along with toggleable driving would just be cruise control.

Cruise control (sometimes known as speed control or autocruise , or tempomat in some countries) is a system that automatically controls the speed of a motor vehicle. The system is a servomechanism that takes over the throttle of the car to maintain a steady speed as set by the driver.

I’m taking this as automatic driving. You even said yourself that the “car stays the current speed without you needing to press the gas” If you’re not pressing the gas, and it’s still driving at it’s speed That’s automatic.

Automatic driving the car would drive itself to your destination. Kinda like that one google car.

Cruise control literally only locks your car onto the current speed.

is (atleast on the first couple pages of Google) used to refer to automatic transmissions that automatically shift between gears that give more torque or more speed, whereas cruise control automatically adjusts the throttle to maintain a steady speed. Automatic transmission has already been implemented into the hatchback, and some people have requested to have manual transmission as an option. Cruise control would mostly be useful because it could allow for greater control of a car’s speed and handling with only one extra keybinding than the current press W to slam the pedal to the metal and let go to take your foot completely off the gas. Ofcourse controller users likely wouldn’t make use of this keybinding, because they have fewer keys that they can bind, and can already control speed based on how far they’re pushing on the analog stick, (similar to how IRL speed can be controlled based on how far the gas pedal is depressed.)

I personally think Nelson will not spend his time doing a lot of what you suggested and will delegate it to mod developers.

If Nelson can build a proper framework like Rocket with much more flexibility and customization then RP servers will be very good on II. Seeing as how making a proper RP server on 3.0 was essentially impossible due to limitations and requiring heavy investment in plugins to get the top of the line RP features.

dont tell p9 about this
he wont like it i tell ya

Implying anybody cares.
Those are solid ideas, but a wee bit too mabitous for the base game I reckon.