Unturned needs a ranged weapon revamp

The guns in Unturned are somewhat inconsistent and unbalanced, here are some suggestions of how things should change:

-Nerf Maplestrike’s rate of fire to about 7.5rps, and make the spread higher
-Buff the Heartbreaker’s accuracy so it isn’t left out as the Maplestrike’s inferior brother
-Tighten the Zubeknakov’s hipfire spread a bit
-Buff the Maschinengewehr’s damage, the gun is just not very useful for pvp right now.
-Buff the high-caliber weapons to do about 300 damage to zombies like in the Elver map, so it can one shot horde beacon zombies, military zombies and take down mega zombies easier, making them actually viable for pve
-Buff the Viper’s player damage
-Increase the Snayperskya’s mag size
-Make Desert falcon mags and sniper mags a bit more common, so they’re not insanely hard to find on normal difficulty
-Make RPG and tank rockets more common
-Buff the Augewehr
-Make frag magazines reffilable in some way with explosives, but make it expensive to refill.
-Nerf Grizzly’s firerate
-Reduce Matamorez range to about 250
-This one is VERY important, fix semi-auto weapons. For some weird reason there’s a delay in firing semi auto and you have to time it, in other fps games, this isn’t the case, just remove the delay and make the semi auto weapons like Swissgewehr and pistols actually viable
-Add semi-auto mode to Calling Card
-Buff the Machete’s damage, it’s currently useless and outclassed by rare knives and the katana
-Buff Schofield accuracy to compete with the Hawkhound, since right now the Schofield is just Hawkhound with less bullets
-Make 8 gauge shells a bit more common
-Add extended mags for Teklowka to make the gun more viable
-Buff the sledgehammer and increase it’s rarity
-Perhaps the game needs a new weapon to spice things up, perhaps another DMR as there are only 2 DMRs, Unturned hasn’t recieved a new weapon in a while, just one new weapon would be nice to see.

I’ve made a similar post on reddit and decided to make a better version here since I think this is probably a better place for suggestions

3 Likes

You are aware that not all weapons are created equal for a reason right? This is a survival game, where there is supposed to be a diversity of weapons, with varying qualities. This game isn’t a pvp deathmatch and weapons shouldn’t be adjusted according to that mindset. Inconsistency and unbalanced weapons shouldn’t be an issue, it defines survival games. Increasing the commonality of rockets/missiles and the nerfing of the Maplestrike/high tier gear just gives less for the player to strive for. Making end game loot common is straight up a bad idea. If anything, exceptionally rare weapons with greater value should be added, even if just cosmetic or w/ minor buffs. Ie) golden weapons on elver

5 Likes

The maplestrike is way less than high tier, if anything it’s a starter weapon, you can find it in 5 minutes in PEI, also the game has rarities, an epic weapon shouldn’t simply be an upgrade of another epic weapon, which is why I support balanced weapons, starter weapons are for me the basic rifles and some smgs, also I support the idea of buffing high caliber weapons against zombies, they’re useless now, they only headshot military zombies, when on elver they headshot all zombies excluding megas. Also what’s the last time you found a tank/rpg rocket, that hopefully isn’t on a 10x loot server or easy mode?

2 Likes

-Nerf Maplestrike’s rate of fire to about 7.5rps, and make the spread higher
=I can agree, maplestrike is kind of the meta assault rifle though its only native on one map as far as i know,every other place its airdrop only which makes it a little harder to get. But yeah,PEI just overall has a problem with military gear being way too easy to get

-Buff the Heartbreaker’s accuracy so it isn’t left out as the Maplestrike’s inferior brother
=I feel like this might be both a good and a bad idea, because setting it up with a scope and a bipod makes this thing already lethal enough, also i dont think a buff to accuracy would do much

-Tighten the Zubeknakov’s hipfire spread a bit
=Pointless, no one hipfires in this game and if they do they probably have a better weapon for it
if anything,the ammo should be slightly more common considering it only accepts ranger

-Buff the Maschinengewehr’s damage, the gun is just not very useful for pvp right now.
=Meh, not very used gun and i feel like it wouldnt have much of an impact either. Its pretty much just a civilian Empire

-Buff the high-caliber weapons to do about 300 damage to zombies like in the Elver map, so it can one shot horde beacon zombies, military zombies and take down mega zombies easier, making them actually viable for pve
=I feel like shooting zombies isnt a good idea overall (unless playing PVE of course,) but yeah, why not? no reason to use highcal on singleplayer because its just overall pointless

-Buff the Viper’s player damage
=This could potentially break Yukon as a map, so id say only slightly

-Increase the Snayperskya’s mag size
=Yes, make it 10 to match the real life SVD and to make it more matching the sabertooth

-Make Desert falcon mags and sniper mags a bit more common, so they’re not insanely hard to find on normal difficulty
=I can agree for sniper mags, but the desert falcon is more of a meme weapon at this point and should probably just be removed instead

-Make RPG and tank rockets more common
=I agree but i think it would make raiding a bit too easy. If anything, make them more common but make rpgs spawn empty

-Buff the Augewehr
= I feel like because it already spawns with a scope, it doesnt really need any buff except a minor rate of fire increase

-Make frag magazines reffilable in some way with explosives, but make it expensive to refill.
=Frag magazines are in the same category as desert falcon- find, use, throw away
They shouldnt really be taken seriously but yeah, it would be nice to have more use other than spraying someone down or just splashing your own feet

-Nerf Grizzly’s firerate
= No, it should just have more recoil considering its a .50 cal. That way multiple shots are a little harder to pull off

-Reduce Matamorez range to about 250
= Weapon is already super unused + incredibly rare, no need to nerf- ammo is literally impossible to find

-This one is VERY important, fix semi-auto weapons. For some weird reason there’s a delay in firing semi auto and you have to time it, in other fps games, this isn’t the case, just remove the delay and make the semi auto weapons like Swissgewehr and pistols actually viable
=This i would like very much, its very annoying to use the sabertooth and snayperskya because it just refuses to fire at times. If you practice, you can click perfectly, but that requires perfect timing and good skill to pull off

-Add semi-auto mode to Calling Card
=Pointless, why?

-Buff the Machete’s damage, it’s currently useless and outclassed by rare knives and the katana
=Meh, free scrap metal

-Buff Schofield accuracy to compete with the Hawkhound, since right now the Schofield is just Hawkhound with less bullets
= Fair enough

-Make 8 gauge shells a bit more common
= I think you mean 12 gauge shells, and yes, i agree very much, its just very hard to use a shotgun in any sort of fight because unless you grind hard, you will always be low on ammo.

-Add extended mags for Teklowka to make the gun more viable
=Meh, useless pistol- same category as desert falcon(find,use, throw away)

-Buff the sledgehammer and increase it’s rarity
=Pointless, knifes are just superior

-Perhaps the game needs a new weapon to spice things up, perhaps another DMR as there are only 2 DMRs, Unturned hasn’t recieved a new weapon in a while, just one new weapon would be nice to see.
=The sportshot is what im pretty sure should have filled into the category for civ weapons, but considering how weak it is, i can somewhat agree

5 Likes

Unturned needs a revamp in general, not just ranged weapons

It’s too simple

5 Likes

Have you considered making a mod for this? I’d love to see a PvP test server for this kinda thing!

2 Likes

Some of these are plain silly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.