Unturned Speed Running

Gentlemen, so I was looking at the unturned section of the main speedrunning website, and it turns out there’s nobody who’s speedrun the Mark 2 at all, and barely anyone has speedrun the Kaiser Boss at all.

If you don’t believe me, look at the section yourself and see it with your very eyes. You know what this means? These records are free fucking game.

4 Likes

11 hour mk II speed run WR

2 Likes

actually I kinda wanna speedrun this now.

1 Like

speed run what

Neuschwanstien Sword or Mk2 quests

3 Likes

Either, but I think I’m more interested in the mk2 speedrun.

2 Likes

Going for a run on Mark2% poggers

2 Likes

Either will do, @Pesticide

1 Like

hi i moderate the speedrunning board please run the category

2 Likes

true facts

4 Likes

I knew you would always have my back molton

1 Like

hey shitass

wanna see me speedrun

I got a 1 ms speed run on the MK2 very simple

Someone is speeding the Mk. II quest right now.

2 Likes

I’m glad someone is up to the plate but I will say there is a lot of secret tech not being used I’ll discuss this later.

1 Like

And they just finished their run. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Its a good start to something great.

1 Like

That was me, It is taking forever to upload to YouTube.
SPOILER WARNING FOR THE SOUL CRYTAL AND MK2 PUZZLES
If anyone is interested in speedrunning this specific category I gotta map to assist (Legend is in order of necessary completion). Keep in mind you would also benefit from reading a guide to fill in any blanks I’ve left, Hope this can help somebody.
Mark2% Map Inked
Pink: Liberator to collect Research Recovery, On Air (make sure to get the repair kit), and the pirate skull (Suicide afterwards)
White: Mainline to follow. (adapt if you dont get a Vladimir farm spawn) Grab treasure from the ocean, Grab bone from the canoe at Kazan, Novobrisk to get a car (Hopefully), St.Petersburg for Vehicle supplies (and anything else), Stonehenge area for bone, Zavod for bone (and ammunition), Volk Military Base for guns and a helicopter or plane (If not just use a ground vehicle :pensive:)
Grey: These gray dots are the next locations you need to go to with your vehicle (Excluding volk of course) Ignore the towers as you will do these right at the end when you go to charge them (Thanks for pointing this out Molton). Moscow is for a bone (Collapsed metro) and whatever else you need. Nordvik for bone in the well (and a chainsaw if you can). Finally head to Firewatch to get a gasmask (if you have a heli no extra filters are needed I still recommend them though)
Blood Orange: Once you have a gas mask head to the deadzone to collect the research capsules (marked in faded red). Then head back to the liberator to turn in research recovery and get the keycard from Dr. Swanson.
Light Orange + Gold: At St.Petersburg (night time) head down into the metro to open the Anastasia door (soul crystal room). In either order, you can do the lab or boss fight first, collect 20 zombies and bring them down to the room and kill them near the crystal. You will either be teleported to the boss or lab (if you placed the treasure and bones down you will go to the boss first. Don’t worry after you kill the boss once no matter what you will be teleported to the lab thereafter). Then do the other (If lab just grab twenty zombies and repeat killing near crystal.)
Lime: After killing the Boss pick up the three mini soul crystals that spawn around the main red one. Then take them and go to Keryev, Moscow, and Yekativurg. At each location there will be a green outline (keryev one is at the bottom of quarry, Moscow one is under the arch, and the yekativurg one is at the graveyard). kill twenty zombies at each of these.
Mint: Finally head to each of the towers again to charge them. then head to where they meet to find the jesus beam and bam your done.

1 Like

I don’t recall there being a mandatory flag tied to turning On Air in, just that the towers needed to be repaired. You could do On Air at the same time you charge the towers with the soulcrystals.

2 Likes

I did not consider this, like I know that you don’t have to hand it in, but for some reason I thought that what I put down was an optimal strategy. Thank you for pointing this out, edit incoming.

1 Like

Going for a run now.