Unturned Vehicle Update

It seems that Nelson is quite a perfectionist and generally wants to rework whole mechanics and features to make them near perfect, but I believe that small and steady steps are a much better approach. We don’t really need all vehicle related features to function perfectly right ahead, but editing the vanilla vehicle physics (which I have heard basically every unturned player complain about) to just be improved for the time being. I feel like a lot of stuff is being noted as “want to improve in the future” but because of how complex a complete rework is, to me personally it feels like it wont ever be a thing.

2 Likes

I guess this is a good example of “Perfect is the enemy of good.” It’s a lesson I really should have learned by now. I’ve been told by a lot of the people I know in real life that I’m a perfectionist. With Unturned it doesn’t feel to me like I can possibly be a perfectionist because it feels like the game is far from perfect, but maybe that’s just another sign I’m a perfectionist. It also bothers me knowing how much the bar was raised with the work on 4.

I’ve been intending to host a poll/survey later this month about next major focus(es) for Unturned. If vehicles aren’t selected as the highest priority then at least perhaps we can revise some of the physics parameters, as suggested.

Sorry, in my earlier message I should have also said: Thank you for the example and proposal with the snowmobiles. In rereading I think my comment likely came across more as brushing it off. If we do end up tuning the physics for the meantime then this kind of feedback is especially valuable. If you or anyone else has other thoughts on what stopgap tweaks should be applied to vehicles I’d love to hear them!

2 Likes

Lowering the center of mass may make the vehicles feel a bit weird but I think it would vastly improve useability, esp for off road vehicles. Also it would be nice if all vehicles but certain off road vehicles were made front wheel drive, and off road vehicles like off-roaders were made all wheel drive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From my random user point of view, it is better to work on a simple but stable basis of something and when you feel that it is as stable as possible, improve and try to preserve stability as much as possible but handling a realistic and not excessive standard
In the end something “Perfect” isnt something real, its impossible and only destroys those who seek for it

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.