Unturned: Welcome to France

ICH KANN SPRECHN DEUTSCHE ABER

(Im a bit rusty, might of mixed up the words)

1 Like

I don’t know if souvenir eiffel tower could be used as a legitimate projectile. But it’s good.

makeshift caltrops

Yeah that could be the case.

But it would be too tall for a trap imo.

Too bad it’s gonna be timed and won’t last forever. Unless it’s a bad map, then meh.

I guess this guy kinda lied to me then ;w;

honhonhon

also i live in france so thats cool

That post was about Carpat… Carpat was/is a timed curated map, and people knew that before its release.

Spebby didn’t lie or provide any misinformation?

1 Like

He has ~1% french ancestry of course it will be permanent

1 Like

And theres limited maps to begin with because, as he said, things stick around and everything needs to be loaded at once. So why add more permanent maps when everything could / should at this point be timed?

edit: well rip. the quote system broke and thinks I’m quoting myself - which I clearly am not. :frowning:

I’m pretty sure Nelson is going going to let the map stay permanent. It’s basically an insult to those guys not to, since they have worked over a year in it, where all the others are a matter of months. Plus, molt knows all. If he says something is gonna happen, it’s gonna happen.

This doesn’t mean anything. If the plan was to add only timed maps to give better performances, then he should stick with it in all the occasions.
I could say that all the other creators could feel offended then. Why France yes and all the previous no? Cus it took years to make it? How can this have sense at all? Is it about how much time you take to make a map that it makes it more important?

Doesn’t have sense to me.

1 Like

That’s because we were accepted before Timed Curated was even a thing.

3 Likes

Ok great thx for explaining.

Still, Imo it doesn’t have sense; If the issue with curated maps was that they add more files to the game that need to be loaded, then that values even if the project started before this decision.

It’s not just loading times for curated.

Timed curated allows the developers to be more creative, like Carpat and the arena maps. Permanent maps must adhere to a more vanilla gameplay, like Greece or Cyprus.

4 Likes

Well in this case it has sense. Basically true vanilla maps will be curated while different/prototype gameplay based maps would be timed. So we shall expect no rescaled objects, basic loot progression, regular stuff etc. Nice!

It’s a shame tho that this kind of information is not officially released, so to clear up confused minds like it was mine till some moments ago. I check around Unturned related things often, and could never find this kind of informations. Maybe was bad luck?

In anycase, I suppose that many persons think
New Curated = Timed = less loading times,
so if the reason is another, it would be better to inform the community officially to avoid confusion and missunderstandings (not that you directly have anything to do with it, jus saying).

Btw good luck with the map then. I expect to see at least that melee baguette that many voted for on the poll above xD

hype hype hypeee
good luck on the release

Wasn’t referring to France here, I was talking about Carpat and other Timed maps, the team behind France asked to be curated long before most other curated teams asked, thats why they have Perm.

I hope they now what they’re doing by making France map

They been polishing the map for ages, it should be of good quality.