Useful Computers

So we all see a bunch of computers in unturned, yet they have no use. Unless you are using mods. Well, let’s aim to fix that.

Introducing: Useful computers.

Computers control most of the stuff of our daily lives. From how much gas our vehicles take in, to controlling the device you are reading this on. Computers, are incredibly useful.

So why can’t they be that way in Unturned? Nowadays, people tend to leave notes on computers, and they are also used to control stuff like radio towers, large doors, and… Scientific equipment. (more on that later.)

Radio towers.

• the computers controlling these areas would be relatively easy to access, just needing possibly a password left on a nearby desk or note, using these computers you could shut down emergency broadcasts, or even looping broadcasts left by dead survivors. These computers might have info based on broadcasts that would have occurred before the infection.

large doors.

• these would have medium-high security, depending on the area. Passwords for these would probably be found on either unlocked computers that are related to the door, or on zombies that are nearby. These computers might also have random info based on the place they protect.

scientific equipment

• this part is interesting, basically, you can use these one time, and it will “decontaminate” one area. These have a high level of security, and as said before, can only be used once… Ever… They would probably also have a couple ways to make vaccines or experimental weapons.

Home Computers

• these are computers in houses, they have low or no security. Occasionally will contain coordinates to secret locations (cabins, bunkers, ect) or stashes of loot. Most of the info on these will be relatively useless though, other than just talking about the family.

office computers

• these wouldn’t really have a use, other than something to read if you are bored.

greenhouses

• any computers near here would just adjust temperature, and how often the plants will be watered (even if they will probably be dead)

I can’t really think of anything else.

What do you think of this post?

• Pretty gud
  • Bad idea
  • Alright (comment)
  • Sorta bad (comment)

0 voters

Seems kind of useless if you ask me, besides lore of course but who cares about lore?
Why not something fun, something great?
Allow players to broadcast using the radio tower and loop messages which they create!
This definitely won’t go wrong.

Why would somebody put crucial information about the facility on a computer which is designed for the sole purpose of opening a door?
If the door is for protection, a higher quality security detail would be better at concealing this information.

And why would the computer be capable of doing anything else besides opening the door?

Why only once?
Balance isn’t good enough of an answer though, there’s no logical explanation as to why they would only work once.

I’m certain nobody in the world keeps coordinates to secret locations on their computers, anybody who actually has enough self-control to actually go and do all the things mentioned probably would’ve wiped the information about the stash/location clean to prevent people from following them.

Sure, you can try to argue that it wouldn’t be necessary because of the fact that nobody is getting in anyways but they could always transfer the hard drive to another computer or use sticky keys to find out their password (which most people leave on).

Just saying, but I don’t think anybody with any intellect would believe it’s a good idea to have a stash somewhere away from home where it could potentially be stolen, I would’ve kept that stuff in my own house, not like anybody’s going to touch things under the floor boards or inside a gun safe, right?

All the information I have which would be useful on my computer is all stored on pastebin, but I would probably copy it down onto my computer in the event that the world does happen to end.
And then I would run away with a USB of all that wonderful information.
And a print-out of TM-31-210 and some /k/ files.

But I doubt everybody in the world would do the same.

I don’t think you would even be able to login to them in some cases? depends on the office.
I’m not very tech savvy but I’d presume from what I’ve seen that offices whose computers are all connected to a singular server cannot have their password & usernames found out in 1 2 3, sounds like a huge waste of time if this is the reward.

And what kind of office is it?
Some offices have employees which leave all their security details about.
Others have well trained employees who are keen as not to let any information go out.

And these offices MIGHT have information about items which are getting shipped around and their locations. But if this is to be an addition I don’t think it would work with Unturned’s loot system.
Maybe it could change a bit?

If it’s an office relating to research, expect to find potentially useful information there.

If it’s a tech support office you can leave (referring to player).

Or it could just be a great place to settle down and grow your plants in.
Until the glass breaks and you cannot adjust the temperature anymore.
Or when the water is cut off.

Excuse the low quality, nonconstructive post. You did prompt me to comment because I chose the option which is presumably between pretty gud and not voting at all.
I should really get to bed.

2 Likes

Pretty much everyone

Imagine ear explode 9000, but played all across the server

Usually people use the same computers they use to run programs to also take notes on how the day was, or the daily shipments into the facility

If it could only open the door, it wouldn’t be a computer. More of just a switch.

Ehh I think that would work.

Some people are idiots, or they died before they could do so. They probably would have left a note on there for family members in case they didn’t make it.

1 Like

Sounds pretty good maybe on military sights there could be a location for a convoy that went missing or a downed helicopter. Or a secret strong hold like the underground safezone in greece or an overrun mountain bunker with high tier loot or maybe nelson could add a new mexico map and you would need to find code fragments to enter the misile silos in area 51 and there it would have really high teir loot like maybe a handheld MK19 M134D or M2 .50cal just for shits&gigs.

um, is this guy going on a fucking necroposting spree or something? can you like, cease and desist

Oh come on I have some good ideas to add. Look man i’m just trying to breath new creative life maybe someone will find this and have more ideas to add reviving this thread.

yeah, but like… 1 month later?

@thegamingkaiser How about you make a seperate topic about ideas you like so your not necroposting and pissing off people

@anon42100029 A Topic Molton made last about telling people people to stop necroposting and shit like that:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.