Vehicle Integrity | In-Depth Thread

This is a very good idea and I agree. I have spent many hours grinding on vanilla servers and rarely found cars. I usually end up crafting them just because they’re so rare. I like all of the ideas you listed but I have one to add. What if there was a much larger amount of cars? Think about it for a second. In real life (I know Unturned isn’t super realistic) there’s usually 1 or more cars per house. In Unturned, you find about 1-2 cars per huge location, and they’re almost always locked or wrecked, out of fuel, etc. If the maps are larger, then more vehicles will be a necessity. If the maps are the same size then it would be nice to have more vehicles. In singleplayer, cars are commonly found and you can take your pick. While I know that on a busy server people will grab cars immediately, it still allows more people to have cars. What do you guys think?
Edit: I’m new and just found out what necroposting is so sorry for doing that… :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

uh imma be a kettle calling the pot black and tell you what you just did is basically a necropost :expressionless: but youre new and you probably didnt read the rules either way so go read up on the rules and think about if what you are doing is a necropost before you post

He already edited his comment with an apology for necroposting before you said that.

In addition to @anon24515308’s reply, while it was a necropost it was good quality. Necroposts are often bad because they come late to the party and add nothing new or useful, but this person has provided nice detail in their thoughts.

Therefore this necropost is fine.

1 Like

necropost approved

2 Likes

necropost disapproved

A p p r o v e d
4 - Extra Hetero

1 Like

ok so since no one screamed at me for formatting like this yet imma continue with this

@anon24515308

ok so imma just put this straight and tell you that he didnt edit his comment with an apology for necroposting before i said that or i was typing that message when it happened(seems kinda unlikely)

@GreatHeroJ

you are correct it was a pretty high quality post, and i was just making them aware it was a necropost and to try not to do it again(with a little ■■■■■■■ mixed in but i wasnt trying to be toxic if it read like that)

once again please tell me if you dont like my formatting

I don’t like it lol, blocks are supposed to be used for quotes

2 Likes

I dislike you using quote boxes to type your messages. It is unnecessary, makes reading harder, and makes quoting harder, in my opinion. The same applies to people who italicize their entire posts just because they think it looks cooler, rather than as a way to format their posts.

Not using quotation boxes would be better, honestly. That aside:

Anyone can view the dates for when comments are posted or when edits are made (as long as the edit is made after a certain time-span, otherwise no edit tag is shown at all). It’s also not really against the rules either, some people just really dislike it, and it ends up being pushed a lot depending on viewer-specific factors like the quality of that “necropost” and how long it has been.

Examples: Some people regard a “1 week” span of no replies as a necropost, even if it is of a high quality. Some people believe it should only be a necropost after, say, a month of inactivity. Some people don’t care too much about dates and just care about decent comments being made most of the time while on the Forum, rather than only contributing every fifth post and the other 80% being jokes.

Making vehicles more common might be alright, if combined with the whole “needing to repair cars first usually” thing too. Or, just reworking the vehicle cap to be based on a server option rather than a set limit.

2 Likes

Well said.

I have no problem with necroposts as long as they’re quality or provide a unique point/view, but unfortunately this is not the case most of the time.

Then there’s the necroposts that try to be the above, but because the OP was from so long ago, the necropost is misinformed/obsolete and renders itself useless.

How would you recommend me formatting stuff like this then?

So what happened is I typed that post and then went to read something else on here. While I was reading other stuff I found out what a necropost is and came back to apologize. Sorry for sparking such a huge argument lol. :smile:

1 Like

Nocroposting isnt bad :slight_smile: its just the people who wont turn off their notifications xd

Why are you like this

Consider him the forum equivalent of Atom_Spark.

2 Likes

Necroposting isn’t just about turning off your notifications (which you shouldn’t have to do in the first place to begin with).

It’s also the fact that it can bring up topics that are no longer relevant and then cause users to believe they are current. Misinformation can easily happen out of this. Not only that, but often times these posts barely, if not at all, contribute to the main topic, and may also be invalid to the main post due to the time difference (one thing the OP said may not be true now, or whatever).
It’s annoying, especially knowing the fact the person didn’t take the time to look at the last post, an action that takes literally less than a second.

It’s just common courtesy; Don’t necropost.

EDIT: With that, we’ve gone completely off topic and my apologizes for contributing to that. I still agree that a vehicle overhaul is needed for 4.0.

1 Like

I’d like to start by saying; since the beginning, from the get go, right off the bat…

Not relevant to this necropost. If you see that happen, regardless of time elapsed since the original post, or the most recent reply, you can (and often should) flag it as irrelevant.

The real issue is that Regulars are limited by how many times they can flag posts and comments.

If you flag more than 5 times in a 100-day span, you will have your Regular privileges revoked. It’s probably there to deter spam but to me is hugely counterintuitive.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.