Vehicle suggestions/ Gearshift/ UI concept

And if you want to slow down?

you can use ‘s’ to slow it down?

with Gearshift added, there will be 1 button to accelerate, to go forward or to go back using the reverse gear

my question is how do you shift gears up or down?

or simply would be custom keys

Pressing W and shift while driving make the gears shift up. Pressing S and shift should make the gears shift down.
This is a very important note, the S should only be used to slow down the car instead of stopping it. The Space bar is what stops it entirely, S will only allow for gear shifting

2 Likes

As I said in my post about gear shifting a few months ago, it should be automatic gear shifting by default. However, there will be an option for players to enable manual gear shifting, and be able to accelerate faster than automatic users. This would reward more skilled players while keeping the game within reasonable fun for most.

1 Like

I agree with this

Since the infection is taking place in and around the 2017/2016 area stick shift cars are almost obsolete. If this does become a thing stick shift vehicles should have a small chance of being a stick shift.

i think it’s a bad idea (everything is bad at my opignion)

Okay? Please elaborate on what you don’t agree with and how it shouldn’t be in the game.

Heavy vehicles like dump trucks, and freight trucks still generally use stick shift.

Sorry, but I’d like to give you a kind reminder that you need to check how old stuff is before you reply to it.
This particular thread was last active 4 months ago.

Edit: In my defense I don’t know when people spam you about stuff, I was not one of them either. At least you won’t do it again.

1 Like

Already been messaged about that several times. I only did it once. I’m not doing it again. Please stop spamming me. No, I’m not removing it. It’s pertinent information, and removing it makes no difference.

I’m not blaming you, just needed to put a response where everyone can see it.

I mean, if you would change the gear pressing for example shift for higher gear and control for lower gear then sure, also there should be cars (like the luxury or sport ones) that have automatic gear aswell.

It isn’t easy enough, and I think, Unturned is an video game, it has not to be realistic like this.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.