Vehicle Update Part 1 Teaser 1

Agreed, this would reduce the work burden imo, both for vehicles and eventually for items.

Nelson what about vehicle~animals? like a cow/bear

One under-the-radar teaser related to this is the navy color of the quad bike. :griefer:

10 Likes

I did not notice that at all, itā€™s great!

Iā€™ve also noticed that in the updated quad bike, the wheels are a bit remodeled. Maybe you could also improve at least a bit all vehicle models? :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve also noticed that in the updated quad bike, the wheels are a bit remodeled. Maybe you could also improve at least a bit all vehicle models? :sweat_smile:

To be honest I have not seen anyone asking for this. I think vehicles are good as they are right now, not very detailed (theā€™re cute somehow) and keeping the vibe of the game itself, they just needed this car suspension update. Even this was mentioned on a comment on the YouTube video link. Actually Iā€™m gonna even miss the old wheels model :frowning:

3 Likes

I agree, thereā€™s a couple that could use some reworks, but they shouldnā€™t all be more detailed.

While some of the vanilla vehicles show their age, over all I think theyā€™re pretty good considering the rest of the games art style.

3 Likes

Now we need to see the updated jetski, its a disaster rn

2 Likes

Agreed, boats really deserve an update, they could get attributes like pitch and rolling, maybe have a risk of capsizing when taking a turn too fast and so onā€¦

Frankly, Iā€™d also love to see support for sails and improved ability to walk on moving boats, I feel like they could make for great bases on maps with lot of waterways, and perhaps we could imagine bigger boats.

Iā€™ll also maintain that more options for human powered transports, as was proposed for UII would be neat in UI itself.

@SDGNelson to what extent do you plan to tweak air vehicles and boats? What weā€™ve seen so far seems very promising and Iā€™d love to see what you can come up with for other vehicles. Are you also planning to have proper ā€œtracksā€ ?

Being able to walk on vehicles would be awesome, hopefully configurable to not work on certain vehicles like planes though! Probably would be better to make it ā€œopt inā€ so it could only be enabled for stuff it makes sense on like boats and trains.

1 Like

Why would you separate the update footage into teasers? Why not release a lengthy video, showcasing the current state of the update so far, so that the community could be able to suggest things if they see fit? Youā€™ve kept us in the dark with 4.0, weā€™ve seen where this ambiguity led us last time.

4.0 didnā€™t drop development because of ambiguity, it stopped because Nelson wanted to work on this version.

Also, he already asked for community feedback and is working on things based on it.

Just let him do his thing and focus on actual development, not making videos, and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll turn out great.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.