Well, it's been almost a year now

Well, in a post I made almost a month ago, Tyler informed me that the Unturned II project hasn’t been abandoned, and that they were working on one of the major mechanics, however, it’s hard to believe considering we haven’t had any updates to almost A YEAR! , (for some reason the development blog unturned II is no longer loading for me), and all the attention seems to be focused only on unturned 3.x, I don’t mean to be rude, but the development is too slow, I think this is mainly due to the fact that unturned II has been practically redone twice, and even so, now that we’re seeing basic stuff, hopefully if we ever get updates again, we’ll have big news to make up for the wait as we keep up with the development. 4 years ago and we still don’t have a full beta, we’re still using borrowed building models (where are the realistic house models that are already present on one of the maps?) and we’re not even sure if the character model is definitive, the community that was once full of life now seems a little dead.

4 Likes

In short: there’s no news because of many reasons. First reason being Nelson sorta tired from methods of developing the game he made, second reason being that he wants to make some news at Blog only when he will prepare something hugely playable in Unturned II, quote: “…I decided to be quiet until I have something for-sure to share”.

And, after re-reading your comment I should say: you should be little more patient. You’re just a bit too hyped on Unturned II. There’s still some major issues in 3.0 that needs to be resolved or Unturned community as a basis will shrink. You see, yet at the beginning of 2018 there was a controversy about Unturned being ‘dead’.
That time RoboKast’s “The Problem With Unturned” video was published, and after 3 years we had some updates, but of course there’s still a whole to be done. Nelson even updates his roadmap on Unturned 3.x after releasing VC chat and lighting strike patches.

2 Likes

@Elliot Patience is key.

1 Like

This topic is tough for me. I have mixed feelings. On one hand I feel that great games can take years to develop, even for large teams (TLOU 2, God of War, Age of Empires 4… etc) and they don’t usually communicate with their audience during development.

On the other hand, I feel that going from almost monthly communication to no communication for a year is tough for people that have been following the development and become a part of that community driven development process.

I hate to say it, but the drop off in communication to me feels similar to my experience with Squadron 42, which was supposed to be released in 2014. The developers in that scenario don’t have a release date, and they have a similar issue, where development was communicated frequently, but as time went on, updates became less frequent. Now from my POV, Squadron 42 will never release. Of course, I could be wrong, I am just a spectator, and the only people who really know if Squadron 42 will release are saying that it will, but dates haven’t been accurate in the past.

Of course these scenarios are different, I paid for Squadron 42, while SmartlyDressedGames owes me nothing, and Unturned has always been free. However, its still hard not to feel pessimistic about Unturned II’s progress when the communication levels have changed so drastically. Again, I could be wrong, I am on the outside with limited information, but its hard to feel like the communication isn’t totally honest about the progress.

With love to Molton and Nelson <3

7 Likes

I mean Nelson is working in a lot of things at once, and he always gives us updates, I think maybe we should be patent and think of 4.0 as a gift, you can’t force someone to gift you something.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.