What are the things about Unturned/vanilla maps that should be changed? (for experienced players)

So, I have this FullPlomo servers (you may or may not heard of them) where I aim to “fix” this common issues from Unturned that any experienced player may recognize because how annoying/OP they are

Few of the things I changed/fixed with configs and plugins were these ones:

• Skybases at 1024mts height: everyone knows how OP this is, giving you the advantage of having an invisible base at the top of the map which normal players from ground can’t see. You can just take your umbrella and jump literally anywhere on the map just from there. If you’re doing PvP on the ground you can’t see exactly where they’re coming from since the base can’t be visible from ground and they just appear from the sky like nothing (This has been “fixed” on curated maps like Elver and Kuwait by limiting the height of the map to only 400mts approximately)

• Nigh time too dark: an annoying thing about Unturned vanilla maps is how dark the night is. Yes I understand why “it should be like this” since “is night and obviously night = dark” and also the usage of torchs, headlamps and more. But at the end of the day Unturned is an “cartoon/simplistic” game where things don’t need to be SO real, actually this breaks the style of the game since if everything is so cartoon and cute then trying so much to make it look real just doesn’t fit well. Not to say this can be easily “bypassed” by increasing the gamma by the video card settings, which almost any experienced player do because this give to you this big advantage of seeing things where others can’t because they don’t know about this “tip” (This has been “fixed” on literally all the latest curated maps by increasing the night visibility, so there is no need to use third party programs to increase the gamma and also it makes the gameplay overall more fun and less annoying since at least you can see something)

• Weapon balance: just gonna say maplestrike=minigun laser shotgun for short medium and large distances

• Skin colors: the greenskins, yeah… ok just to give more context, we could say that a great part of the players who buy the Gold updgrade is purely for the color skin thing, since as you may know you can make your player have literally any skin color, making the players looking to have the exact color of the grass from different maps (PEI, Russia, etc) so they blend perfectly with the grass and makes even the military clothes be a joke (this has not been fixed on any curated map since is a game thing, BUT it may be “fixed” by adding a new option inside the Config which could be called “Custom_Skin_Colors”, which I guess is very self explanatory)

• Vehicle tires: so yeah you can punch a tire with a rake and it will explode. this is not actually a real big problem but def tires should have something like health points at least (this has been “fixed” on some curated maps making the tires be invulnerable to almost anything? maybe they do explode with high caliber or if you just use a wrench)

Now, is there any other thing that you think could be annoying/you think should be changed from Unturned/Vanilla maps?

4 Likes

It’s funny you bring it up given I made a post about it recently. I really wish something would be done about this officially as it’s super lame and only hurts the players that are unaware of gamma boosting (whatever that amount of players might be).

Client side option to disable cosmetics/skin colors on other players would be amazing, it is also something that was brought up on the forum recently.

Yes! One of the first thing that comes to my mind is being able to turn rope into cloth and cans back into metal (this one with a blowtorch), it’s a thing on Elver and makes gameplay so much more convienient.

Personally I also don’t like range limitations on weapons (perhaps except shotguns), I don’t think it benefits anything to just limit how far a weapon can shoot, if you are able to hit long range shots, you should be able to have that ability, the bullets should not just poof away.

Another thing which is loosely related to weapon balance that you already mentioned is armor, it’s very weird in a spot that it’s in, wearing a military helmet (best protective headgear available !!! ) does not change the time to kill in the head for any of the assault rifles, it’s 3 shot without the helmet, and with one. It makes no sense that the best gear makes none, or little difference. The armor values would require a SIGNIFICANT buff to change the amount of shots necessary to kill you. Buffing the armor and reducing damage of the assault rifles might be a more proper solution though as just buffing armor to crazy amounts would hurt weapons that are not assault rifles.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.