What is up with the Unturned player stats?

If you don’t make an attempt to bring it up to the people that make the service, you don’t know if they’ll listen to you or not. At worst, they’ll redirect you to a policy saying that the issue is known and to not assume the data is 100% accurate.

I brought it up here to inform Nelson.

I’ve been keeping my own records of the server list for the past ~10 months or so and it does line up with Battlemetrics. Maybe I can see about making a tool to export a csv of the stats.
The server player counts is accurate but

This isn’t

I can’t even send this to steam.

It is a Steam issue, not an Unturned issue though. I don’t know if you can find something more specific here https://help.steampowered.com/en/.

1 Like

All the ones that are appropriate to report to goes back to unturned.

There may be a menu you’re skipping past, I can’t check the options myself but there has to be a way somewhere.

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere but there was a massive dip in player count in the past 12 hours. Does that mean this issue was fixed or is there a massive outage somewhere?

5 Likes

what the fuck happened actually unironically

4 Likes

You can see a large and expected dip last Tuesday, but that is completely different than this one. I can’t view any day before the 5th so this may have happened in the past too though.

Some games don’t seem to have been affected but here is the Team Fortress 2 chart for a similar incident.

3 Likes

Update: It’s back on 40k players

@SDGNelson please look above.

Following up on my earlier comment, here are average stats for the server list starting January 1st this year. The number of servers is lower in early January because I wasn’t recording empty servers.

Unturned server activity 2023-01-01 to 2023-10-25.csv
Unturned server activity 2023-01-01 to 2023-10-25 with chart.xlsx

4 Likes

So are you going to fix the wrong stats number?

1 Like

How do you read so many messages saying its something STEAM and not NELSON does and not comprehend a single one?

5 Likes

I want him to do something about it like contact steam.

1 Like

I don’t see any action being taken to fix it Nelson just showed the servers player count and we already know those numbers match the battle metrics.I would like to see Nelson message steam and see what happens form there. We are just going in loops.

1 Like

Nelson probably has better things to do

1 Like

Ok but this is an important matter. I don’t see any updates being better then this being fixed.

1 Like

You have already made your point several times, no need to come by and request it again and again each week. Pretty sure Nelson has adressed the situation, if something happens you’ll know it.

4 Likes

this is 100% a conspiracy theory, there is no point to there being bots in this game as bots cost money to run and there are nolonger drops

I guess some weirdo is spending thousands of dollars every month just to bot a free block game for no reason

4 Likes

How? It doesn’t effect the game much and there doesn’t seem to be proof these are bots.

4 Likes