What would you like to see the most out of 4.0?

For me this question remains easy to answer. A game progression that encourages cooperative play up to, and perhaps including the establishment of a stable, post zombie-apocalypes, community/communities.

2 Likes

Yep. If there’s one thing I thing is really important in open world survival games, it’s the ability to work together with others.

Banding together for survival is a very enjoyable experience.

3 Likes

I didn’t even check the date of the latest post, all I saw was 140+ replies and assumed it was a really active topic.
Atleast I brought back a topic that could continue with some discussion :smiley:

1 Like

It’s always a good idea to check the date of a post before replying. Obviously you’re not forced to but I’d say its general etiquette.

But in this case it’s not that big of an issue, as like Great Hero said you actually tried to add something, so congrats on that.

My answer on this topic remains pretty much the same.

1 Like

the needing to use an actual mount for the minigun (ya know, that things litteraly makes you fly),
enemy and allied npcs
ballistics (bullets dropping and punching through stuff)
more blood
the warsport LVOA as an actual in-game gun
teams
and realistic sniper gameplay (team spotting, various types of camouflages, and more sniper rifles such as the scar-DMR)
and flamethrowers

2 Likes

If the Fury makes you fly, then I’m worried.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. [Deep Breath] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Ballistics deals with trajectories and flight characteristics, not penetration.

I wonder if your computer can handle that.

I
what
you
want what is basically an AR-15 added to the game when we have the equivalent of a fully-automatic and a burst-fire one?

Groups.

This is not Battlefield: Unturned. This is Unturned. Just Unturned. We already have ghillie suits, existing clothing provides decent camouflage, and by “scar-DMR” I assume you mean the SCAR-SSR or “Sniper SUPPORT Rifle.” Not “SNIPER RIFLE”, but “SNIPER SUPPORT RIFLE.” You’ve played too much CS:GO. Try playing some other games and you’ll find the difference between a sniper rifle and a designated marksman rifle.

5 Likes

I think the point was that the recoil is strong enough to work against gravity (not sure how true that is) and that they should need to be used with a mount.

Way to convince people of the (sensible) position against widespread complex NPCs. Oh wait you didn’t do that.

Terminal ballistics.

Kind of random.

I wonder what is the recommended a mount of dedicated RAM?

The weapons in 3.X won’t necessarily be copy pasted over to 4.X. In 4.X there is a singular weapon, the Eaglefire, which is a select fire m4 inspired weapon, and it’s highly modular. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were an ar-15 style rifle, with high parts compatibility to the Eaglefire added at some point.

Unturned not being part of the Battlefield franchise doesn’t mean similar weapons cannot be in the two, just that they would need to be balanced differently.

With textile variation, and the new style of everything in 4.X, It’s likely that there will be new camouflage patterns, colorations, and clothing.

1. Grammar police much?
  2. The exact terminology of sniper rifles, designated marksman’s rifles, sniper rifles, sharpshooter rifle, etc. isn’t as set in stone as some people seem to think, for example the “sniper rifles” of 3.X tend to be antimateriĂ©l rifles.
  3. Do you actually think playing more videogames is the best way to get educated?
1 Like

You screwed up your quote on the last one.
And the terminology is easier than you might think. In general, sniper rifles are bolt actions, with very few being semi-automatic, with rounds are are specifically designed for long range capabilities. Fitting this description, antimaterial rifles can also be classified a sniper rifles in that they are simply rifles chambered in a larger caliber so that they may also destroy material targets.
Designated marksman rifles usually fire ball ammunition, and are exclusively meant to be used at the squad level for increased range.

1 Like

Already fixed the quote.

Those definitions work for modern military applications, but they don’t necessarily cover historical arms, or common usage. They give no acknowledgement to the fact that, even when looking exclusively within military applications, weapon systems and infantry specializations have shifting roles between time periods, countries, and branches of service.

(P.S. antimateriel rifles tend to have relatively poor ballistics, because they fire such wide, heavy projectiles)

1 Like

Then why do many snipers almost exclusively use antimaterial rifles for extremely long distances?

2 Likes
  1. Sources?
  2. As you pointed out antimateriel rifles fire large projectiles which are necessary to effectively engage certain targets
  3. Not all “snipers” are deployed in a similar manner or given similar missions
  4. Snipers are generally the soldiers most likely to be trained and equipped to best account for ballistics
  5. Soldiers, even elite ones use the equipment they are issued
1 Like

Just bopping in to the conversation for a second to say that a more “civilian-grade” Eaglefire receiver (semi-automatic only) may be added (if Nelson does decide to go the route of multiple receivers for the same gun), which could lead to the implementation of certain components/attachments that would make it fully resemble an AR-15 (instead of the current M4A1 we have in v.4)

So yeah, good ol’ Harvest is quite right to not be surprised. :slight_smile:

Suggesting specific guns seems bizarre sometimes. What’s so important about adding that specific gun (unless it’s just a "I find this gun cool thing, which I can understand too I just see less value in solely that)? :confused:

A camouflage pattern will exist for “normal” military-grade clothing. In fact, a pattern was already made when Nelson went through and made items for each clothing slot. It’s quite possible we’ll end up seeing a couple of patterns

I feel like I shouldn’t acknowledge this comment, but for your own sake know well that your input is useless to everyone if you don’t give any actual input. The fact that you didn’t hit the ten character limit should’ve be a sign that your comment could have used more thinking and detail.

There’s many forms of “PvP,” with so many ways to go about it. It’s hard to take in feedback that doesn’t explain the thought process behind the post (ie: how it should be handled). It’s like when people go to forums asking for help but then don’t post information regarding the issue until 24-hours later.

I’m not sure what eventually led to this response, nor do I care too much, but I do want to clarify that this isn’t exactly without exceptions. To start, yeah (Harvest is right), you’re going to have very minimal freedom with choosing the actual gun itself.

In some cases, the “elite ones” (stuff like Special Operations units) will have that freedom. The “regular military” though will most often use whatever firearm they’re given based on their mission, position in the unit, and occupational specialty. Sometimes, there’s no choice at all.

This applies to ammunition too. You could substitute your ammunition, but for the most part you won’t have a way of getting that ammunition to begin. There’s also potential legal issues if you don’t use the approved ammunition.

As for modding your gun, depending on the higher-ups you can be allowed to mess with that type of stuff (as long as you don’t damage the weapon itself in the process). Same goes for using your own magazines. Then there’s stuff like the rest of your field gear (like holster rigs), which would also have to go through higher-ups but can be more flexible.

Now, in most cases, you’re really not going to have a choice though and for the most part you’re not supposed to bring your own stuff at all. However, there is some flexibility present depending on whatever factors and if your higher-ups are okay with it then it’s usually going to be okay in the field. You don’t even have to bring your own gear if you want something extra, there’s plenty of standard issue things you could order for the mission too (as long as it’s allowed in that scenario). Some units also just have access to a larger variety of equipment.

3 Likes

Options for CAMERA BOB
Simulated Ballistics
Deadly bullets

SOOOO MUCH REALISM

1 Like

I think he meant like remaking the whole map

1 Like

I Think there should be

• Water pressure. Where it kills you if you go to deep of sea.

• Eating Animation. Yeah, I know there is animation already, but I say what about it Show your chomps on the food and how much you drank from the drink.

• MOAR GESTURES!!!

Thanks for Reading! :relaxed:

1 Like

i don’t play neither cs:go or battlefield, honestly i hate both of them (battlefield is boring and csgo has a lot of kids and hackers), i know the difference between a Designated Marksmen Rifle and a bolt-action rechambered sniper rifle, i just wanted to make the post the shortest possible

yes, i want it, i like the look of that gun, i just want it as an actual in-game gun, by the way the lvoa is based off the long-barrel version of the ar15, wich we don’t have in the game.

that’s not how it works, if every single drop of blood is calculated as a particle it will drop performance, if blood is calculated as a merged entity it will not drop performance or the performance drop will be basically erased by the UE4 optimization

they’re not the same thing, a group is made by a small number of players, a team can be made by a big amount of players, groups are small, teams are big.

they deal with behavior and effects of PROJECTILES, wich is also penetration and damage to buildings

they actually make sense in singleplayer, if 4.x aims at realism there needs to be criminals and authorities trying to restore order, see operation dark winter (Operation Dark Winter - Wikipedia), i think that there will be more that a confederation of volountaries trying to save humanity.

that was ironic, by the way the real life minigun actually has a really strong recoil, so strong that one burst (which is a lot calculating that it shoots at 10000RPM) pushes your entire body back by around 20 to 25 centimetres.

1 Like

agreed, but it should do damage to certain vehicles and there should be gear of avoiding that

yeah, that should definetly be added, also maybe more uses for certain types of food

dab intensifies

2 Likes

Doesn’t DayZ do that?

1 Like

dayz is the gay

1 Like

One thing that I think could be pretty cool is more dynamic water systems, and maybe a new type of water transport such as submarines.

1 Like