Why do you like/dislike AI NPCs?

i’d like bandit npcs. it’d actually make singleplayer somewhat entertaining.
though from what i can tell nelson just doesn’t feel like adding them. so. it’s a bit of a pipe dream.

2 Likes

It is a must because npc s are like objects in 3 in 4 I expect for them to be a bigger role like if you save a group attacked by zombies they can join you and you can tell them to stay at your base and protect , colect food,ammunition,materials,hunt . You can have them 5-10 . Lover rep they will less obey and groups like coalition will hunt you mabe ??? A don kno I wrote this in 3 in the morning so dont judge meh ok?

Everything you just said won’t happen. End of story. I’ve come to accept that we won’t get extremely advanced NPCs. I just want the basics, but a bit more than we currently have (aka basic AI bandits).

Modders should be the ones to really expand NPCs in 4.0.

1 Like

I think mostly everyone wants them, but not everyone is sure how to handle them.

I wouldn’t suggest NPC bandits, because their aim can’t vary. It’s almost always the same. Because basically how AI have their aim programmed is that they snap to the player, then the crosshair will be subjected to a little wobbly effect so it wouldn’t be as “aimbot-y”. However, you have to consider distance and the bullet drop. Will they be able to snipe you from France till California? Or will they be as blind as a cripple with no eyeballs. Because if the AI are too easy, then it would basically mean free loot for the player. As for, if the AI were too difficult, they would kill a lot of people and everyone would be losing their hard work because of an aimbotting AI
There is no “normal difficulty” when it comes to AI. It’s either too easy because their aim is trash, or they’re extrememly difficult for people who have good aim because the bots have aimbot, basically.

As to answer the following questions…

Just like nelson showed us in one of his Devlogs, that NPCs will have the inventory that we (players) use.

Since they are AI with no real purpose except for making things a bit more difficult to the player, so i would suggest that the AI spawn with weapons

I’d suggest that bandit NPCs have a decent amount of space since they’ll only use 1 weapon or 2, they’ll have a few slots for food and water being used, but the rest is empty. And they only take guns. And if the guns they looted are rarer than the ones they have, then they’ll equip that. Once they reach a full inventory, if they come across a gun of higher rarity than what they have, they’ll throw out the gun with least rarity until they have the space for that rare gun.

I would say yes, because there really isn’t a point in killing them if they dont drop anything. However, they would start with small sidearms and work their way up from there. But i still dont want NPCs because at melee range, their aim will be of no use

1 Like

Maybe a commands for mods we can create npcs, like some no official what the players can install and the players don’t like the npcs can get the option to no install him

Look at halflifes combines. They did a good job with that.

Bandit NPCs would work if the weapons in general aren’t swift killers.

1 Like

When I get home from my grandparents house I’ll make a vid showing low powered NPC weapons and high powered NPC weapon on combines.

Keep in mind that it was made by Valve. A company full of employees. Nelson is a lone wolf. So i still stand by my point

I haven’t ever played the game but I hear escape from tarkov’s npcs are pretty good. If something similar to them could be done would it change some people’s minds?

I’m not sure what you’re actually referring to, but in EFT:

A) There are vendor NPCs in the menu that have real-time stock, synced market, and buy/sell capability for every concurrent user at once, buying or selling only certain things as well as giving quests. You can level up their reputation with that particular NPC by doing favors for them or doing a lot of business. In EFT these are referred to NPCs in the traditional sense of the word.

B) There are AI-controlled bandits much like what you would see in various MMOs and open world games, called scavengers, or “scavs”. They roam in groups and enter the raid about half an hour after the PMCs (players) have entered into the area. There are also player controlled scavs, and they use lower tier pre-equipped gear instead of the gear from their stash. This may be what you’re referring to, but nobody calls these NPCs in EFT. The scavs are very lifelike and behave very similarly to real players; in some cases they are so close that their clothing is the only thing that distinguishes them from a PMC. So you are correct in that EFT does scavs very well, though the optimization is a bit rough.

The leg meta, which doesn’t exist xD

I mainly play in single-player, because I’ve never really been good at PVP. Bandit AI and Bandit Camps would really be great for people like me, as we can get that satisfaction of taking down something else that has a gun, but it isn’t as difficult as facing down 4 real people at once while playing solo in PVP.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.