Why Zombies Couldn't Exist

Deodorant? Ha. White people problems.

2 Likes

Best thing I read today.

Basically boi, BASICALLY BOI

I’m surprised that as far as I can tell nobody has mentioned the Left 4 Dead series. The zombies there aren’t really even zombies, they’re just people who have undergone some pretty extreme mental degradation due to a wack virus and just attack shit whenever they feel like it. I honestly prefer this one over the more standard pop culture “oh they’re rising from the dead.” The easiest way to handle that would be to napalm graveyards.

though theres a theory that the zombies in l4d are gonna die off soon in it. since they dont actually eat people. Or anything.

inb4 l4d3 gets canceled because it doesn’t work with the lore

Who’s been eating chunks out of all the cows then?

thats the people, they cut off the skin of the cows to test for rabies. thats what people thought the virus was at first, and they thought it spread by animals. Anything after that was rot, or other animals.

The L4D virus is actually a lot like rabies, now that I think about it.

Zombies based on viruses or parasites are actually pretty feasible, but the frankenstein or resurrected grave zombies are not.

Yea i guess it dosen’t have to be all realistic maybe zombies could go around eating animals too? also i know a lot about scps

Yea but what do they eat to move other than people, wouldent zombies run out of people

I guess its a better example but even then why don’t zombies eat each other for food

Yes but it dosen’t resurect them does it? and they eventually die after a short period of 2 days

The fact that they still are alive after nearly 5 years violates all laws of thermodynamics although they don’t use up too much energy they still have metabolism to keep them warm. why do they need warmth? to keep them moving and that also requires energy. All im trying to say is it would be impossible for zombies to exist in real life

Two kinds of zombies:

• ’Living dead’ zombies - People resurrected by the zombie virus and turned into a living corpse. This one is the most unlikely when it comes to realism as the body is decayed and would render certain parts non-functional such as the muscles and joints, and maybe the digestive system. Unless the virus is somehow a ‘Preserver’ and somehow reconstructed the body to be functional again.
  • ’Mental’ zombies - People transformed by the zombie virus and turned into a mindless cannibal. Like what others said it is the most feasible as decay isn’t a factor and is simply a mind/body altering effect, something that can be replicated with fungus + ants. This also leaves gaps for additional effects, such as mutation (Like Left 4 Dead).

But why don’t the zombies eat other zombies it would make a lot more sense

usually they dont eat each other based on a smell, or being able to detect the virus in other beings.

Then it would be a pretty stupid virus, zombies would die if they had nothing but people to eat they will eventually run out and die of hunger

thats why zombies usually also eat animals, plus, they dont have to eat as much as normal people