Will 4.0 maps be made to scale?

Personally, i feel that the maps should be to scale.
You should not be able to traverse all of Russia in half an hour.
Certain island maps I can understand, but in reality traveling from major locations to another should take days, if not weeks in-game.
In order to offset the loot factor, there should be much more buildings within towns and cities, which should easily be enough to sustain a large group of survivors.
As Nelson is focusing increasingly on a more PvE concept, I feel that this will allow players to set up friendly factions within a certain location, and that group will work together to procure resources and the like, while also choosing to either be friendly with or to raid rival factions in different cities. This would also promote players to band together, as going alone can easily place the odds against the loner.

2 Likes

i’m not entirely sure you understand just how BIG earth is.

if this was just “maps should be (much) bigger” i’d be fine with it, but with russia alone you’re talking a MINIMUM area of like, thousands, possibly TENS of thousands of kilometers. and that’s just including moscow and saint petersburg. the country itself has an area of MILLIONS of kilometers.

2 Likes

To pull off something of this scale you’d need to either go proc-gen like some NMS-level shit or you’d need to work like 5 years on a single map.

While the idea is awesome on paper it just won’t happen.

1 Like

This simply couldn’t happen. It’s already been explained why.

I don’t mind if it’s twice the length/width of the current sizes but hell no, to-scale maps are too large

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.