Will there be a proper mining feature

Like mining into the ground

Doubtful, as that’s not needed. Mining will probably stay the way it is now.

4 Likes

Serisously , Unturned isn’t a Minecraft

4 Likes

the mining on 3.0 is kinda… strange.
Is more easy to get metal by scraping shit that you find on cities, beside rp servers, scrap bounders are not that useful.

This suggestion seems far more like it is asking for terraforming (not mining) to be honest. If we were to discuss actual mining in Unturned 3, a boulder run (on, say, Hawaii) still give far more metal than any town run would. This can just useless at times, however, due to flaws with base building and crafting.

2 Likes

They actually are extremely useful - but only once you have a Pickaxe or Jackhammer.

And I’m the kind of person who scraps like 900 dressings of clothes in my first 5 minutes.

For starters, I believe you are comparing Unturned to Minecraft, in which those games have nothing to do with eachother besides the blocky head.
Second, having a mechanic where you actually dig through the ground would require a lot of time and effort to make if you’re talking about making the entire map dig-able.
Third, it wouldn’t be a necessary mechanic. The boulders giving the metal would be good enough, though I would suggest having boulders to give more scrap metal/boulder and at the same time having scrap metal to be a huge part of crafting. Like guns would be super rare and you’ll be obliged to craft one which will cost a shit ton of metal

1 Like

Hm reminds me of a post I made but doesn’t really cover much about mining

basically it’s the same but rocks make a return and new type of boulder gives ‘metal ore’

Well I’m not trying to make it into minecraft just thought that if you could dig a base and acctualy have proper pics

Well, I’m not that experienced with many survival games so if you could please send a pic that resembles what you are seeking, then that would be very helpful. Because as of now, Minecraft is all I can think of when it comes to digging into the map.

Or, well, any voxel game with massive amounts of digging, like Terraria.

Your point still stands though

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.