WO's TRADE SYSTEM & INVENTORY

TRADE

At the moment, trading in the game is with NPCs, and there are also barters between players. From the latest updates 4.0, you can find out that now players will be able to view each other’s inventories, this is a very good innovation that will facilitate trading. The only thing we would like to offer is the “Trading Rating”

For trading with NPCs:

For each successful transaction with an NPC, a player will receive points that affect the prices of goods and their diversity. Merchants will offer new products and give discounts to those players whose trading level will rise. It might look like this:

Tier: 1 2 3 4 5
Cost: 25 units. 23 units. 20 units. 17 units. 15 units.
Products: 1 new 1 new 2 new 2 new 3 new

Initial cost - 25 currency units

Starting quantity of goods - 5 units (for example, an arms dealer - will initially have 5 different products from the “weapons” category with each level of the Trade rating will provide new goods for sale to a player who achieved new tier)

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

For trading with players:

You need to add an additional gesture, which will be an offer of trading. The player’s crosshair is replaced by a point and it gives access to choosing someone to trade, only in the player’s field of view. When you point to another player, a gesture will occur (for example: special hand wave).

After which the player who was offered to trade should respond in the same way.

Now these two players are in a deal and can freely exchange items.

If one of them kills another member in the transaction (or his teammates do it), the killer will receive a certain number of negative ratings.

These statistics will be represented to other players in the stats menu (where we already have “good and evil” rating). Now players will have the opportunity to find out with whom it is possible to conduct business, and who lives according to the rules of the wild west.

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

INVENTORY

The inventory is already good, but I would like to have more options for customization - move the inventory windows somewhere to the side, change the background, hide some windows, highlight especially important columns (color, dashing, numbering). Group items, either on the basis of, or for more convenient moving around the inventory, by highlighting them with a combination of the SHIFT and LEFT CLICK keys / There is an idea to style this under glued stickers or torn pieces of paper /

• May change
  • Dislike

0 voters

1 Like

No a trading system in game would be terrible, learn how to trust others

well actually, unless this somehows encourages trading and discourages killing, then maybe?

4 Likes

Exactly.

I do not like it. I wish I could buy what I want, without buying other things, just to have some points.

This should absolutely not be found in a normal survival. (As the previous speaker wrote) You must begin to trust others and know who you are dealing with. As already as a mod / plugin for servers will be better.

I see your idea, but it’s so easily farmable that there’s really no point in doing it. You might as well even lower the general price instead.

This could work perfectly fine in a non-pvp server or even as a plugin, but as Syero said:

This is true for almost any multiplayer game out there.

I’d like the inventory to not take up the entire screen, thanks Nelson. I will admit though that personally I think the U3 inventory design is actually quite nice. I just wish I could make it a bit smaller and/or move it around. Take Starbound’s inventory as an example.

It’s kind of small, but I can move it around and position it however I want.

what is WO

1 Like

The person who wrote the post, White_okay.

hnnnmng

trading with npcs maybe this would be cool, but a trading for players seems weird and not needed. I don’t think the game should really try and force people not to kill each other apart from just being hard. This seems kinda forced, like something that nobody will actually like to do, or a feature nobody would actually use apart from on some weird rp servers or something.

1 Like

I could see a window like this fitting U2. I think it would only be used in a Safezone like the aircraft carrier on Russia. That’s where I would use it, I don’t trade with anyone expect safe-zones unless I really know them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.