Would official servers promote pay to win?

Maybe you should think about it a little more. By not forcing what people can or can’t do.

3 Likes

Okay well to be perfectly fair the poll clearly shows what people think.

Rest in spaghetti

8 Likes

First off all, you don’t need a lot of staff, on a vanilla server barely any. With both VAC and Battleye hacks should be negated quite a lot. Under my 4 years playing unturned I have never encountered a hacker.

Even if there was a large need for admins you’d only need 1-2. Because it’s vanilla there is no need for any rocket perm fixing or similar.

Admin abuse wouldn’t become a big problem, as there wouldn’t be any rules other then no hacking or exploiting there wouldn’t be a need for staff to always be on. And as there is no rocket there won’t be any /god, /vanish or similar.

It would be a extremely minor issue that could easily be negated if logs get checked every now and again.

3 Likes

Second off all. I don’t think a lot of people, me for example, could see anything negative with official servers. There will be plenty of community servers if the official ones don’t suite your taste. As we can see for the poll.

4 Likes

Let’s tone down the meme-y posts folks. You can have more fun with relevant posts than spamming

4 Likes

Currently the problem will never fix itself. Sorry if that is not self evident. If you feel like franchises need the right to manipulate kids and farm tons of money and profit off of the unfair experience then thats your thing. This post’s topic isn’t exactly about that though, and is more about Official Servers promoting such behavior because of the mindset that I discussed and you read about before posting.

First off in my 5,000 hours and tons of staff experience I’ve came across thousands of hackers. Just recently me and a few veterans were noticing people flying cars around phasing through building and everything. I’m sorry if you’ve either not played enough to find one or if you’ve just lucky and haven’t found a very blatant one, but I can assure you theres tons of undetectable hackers right now - I made a post here

Also of course you’d need some staff. I never said how many though. Theres no garauntee VAC would be in 4.x (is there?) and even then BE isn’t seeing much good in 3.x, but I very well believe thats just because of the terrible foundations. So of course, yes, maybe the anti-cheat measures would be better, but not impenetrable and would still require some active staff moderation.

Not sure why you’d not want rocket perm stuff? Admins don’t need a bunch of abusive unnecessary commands or abilities. Which is why Rocket is so great. Also I heavily disagree with that number. Assuming official servers might hold around 48 players and will be constantly popular you’d need quite a few more than 1-2 staff members for all of the official servers, let alone one of them.

It must certainly and undeniably would become a problem. Kids will complain about abuse even if there was none. If you’ve ever hosted a server in your life and people were well-informed that you were staff and running around killing players they’d raise a few questions.

Just because the only rules are no hacking or exploiting doesn’t mean staff don’t want to enjoy the official servers. Surely they will play them. And of course there would be /god /vanish and etc, these are literally the most basic things that should’ve been apart of 3.x but were not. I would be thoroughly upset if nelson were too lazy to implement such important staff moderation commands like those.

Assuming there is logs, because in 3.x vanilla servers do not have logs. Another thing that nelson should definitely implement and will be upset.

There are definitely, evidently by 3.x not going to be a lot of ‘good’ or ‘suitable’ (atleast in my own opinion) community servers. People are complaining about an over-supply / inflation of servers in 3.x yet, as said, I can not find a suitable server just to chill on.

If it was a problem, people would be leaving those servers. Also if you’re a parent and you let your kid steal your credit card or buy stupid stuff, that’s on you. Not the kid. They’re KIDS.

However, if they have money, they can do what they want with it.

3 Likes

Official Servers -> free Access for everybody (Aka Membership or not) by having it so theirs 6 servers, 3 for Free access and 3 (or more) for Memberships

So you’re suggesting half the official servers should be free to play? Seems sorta cool, but then I feel like everyone would rather try to crowd up and queue for the free servers instead of bothering to pay the pass for the exclusive paid ones (which then, wheres the money to pay for those free official servers?)

:stuck_out_tongue:

You do know more experienced players play on whitelisted servers, right?

3 Likes

Never heard of such a thing. Zero of my veteran friends ever considered a whitelisted server or even don’t want to play such a server. I myself have never wanted that? I’d much rather have the true survival experience when anyone can drop in and I could shoot em or what not with them.

That completely goes against things you’ve said in the past about not KoSing.

1 Like

Little off topic, apologies. But, how have you not looked for a whitelisted server in the past? They usually provide what you’re wanting.

I side with Drmz on this one - most of the experienced players I know prominently prefer to play on whitelisted servers. Mostly because the mainstream ones are the cancer you see before you.

A whilelisted server is often a sign that the owner actually cares, as a bonus

1 Like

or be friendly to random players idk? I’ve stopped ranting about KoSing a long time ago… lol

I don’t mind a little off-topic aslong as the mods dont jump in and insta lock it. Maybe PM’s would be better but meh.

A whitelisted server would severely limit the amount of players coming into the server. Sofar I’ve never found a whitelisted community for a plain survival server (only for RP’s as a way to deter against rule-breaking KOS trolls that are too lazy to fill out an application or what not to get whitelisted). I personally wouldn’t want to play on a whitelisted server since it would be a great hassle and if I wanted to invite friends or group members they’d have to wait to apply and get accepted and what not.

As I said usually I see whitelisted servers as a way to deter against KOSers on RP. I’ve never ever in 5,000 hours seen someone trying to advertise their whitelisted survival server on the steam forums or anywhere, so where would these people be getting players from? How would these veterans even be finding these servers to begin wtih? I haven’t found them (albiet I’m not specifically looking for them). Even then public fair servers are cool beans and the whitelisting progress on servers may discriminate or what not against hours, age, etc.

that was my point. Which is why i think the P2W servers won’t be that good to play on

Discrimination is inherently required to have good members.
You’ll have to discriminate against people who are known to be toxic, griefers or otherwise.

I mean… look at all the P2W servers now. Comprised of both kids that run around and pvp champs that enjoy killing them all. Theres always the pvp-hungry people that are atleast decent at the game playing those servers to demolish the kids lol

Yes but I meant discriminating against age, experience in the game, steam account age, gender, online identity, profile pictures, etc. I’ve seen lots of places discriminate against me or others for one of the listed above reasons. Doesn’t particularly mean we’re toxic because we have a furry profile picture or whatever it be. Some servers are a lot more fair and not so discriminative (like the one you’re describing or envisioning I assume and stuff)

But it’s not like the person in charge of whitelisting would know if they are going to be toxic or grief. Sure they could take a wild assumption but unless they’re lowkey informed about the person (which theres thousands of Unturned players and I doubt someone would randomly know the guy and have concrete evidence against the guy for being toxic) then I don’t see a reason not to whitelist them.

edit: Very much how I have very little to no reason not to whitelist people into the RA. Very rarely will a troll or enemy be found and denied. And the only other people that are denied are week 0 accounts

For the most part I agree, save for some lewd profile pictures or really young players (because let’s be honest, not every single kid is mature.)