Zombies - New and reworked

Instead of fat zombies maybe athletic zombies would be more fitting? Or those athletic zombies would be just buffed up variations of the fat ones.

Regular zombies should be able to climb stuff too, but stuff like fences, cars etc. Not walls.

1 Like

There could be something between a regular and a sprinter (HP and speed variation). Like the opposite of a heavy

Since we’re doing changes and ideas in a sort of RPG changelog fashion, I’ll attempt to leave my suggestions here in the same format. Currently in unturned, all zombies have the same base health besides megas, which doesn’t sit well with me.
Basic police, fire, and probably construction zombies should have some extra health. Armor should help against bullets, making certain areas more viable to hit.

Riot Zombie: Special police zombie seen in SWAT areas (if added). Wears armor completely all over. Good speed and damage. Has a visor which must be broken in order to deal extra headshot damage (high caliber sniper rifles and other guns can generally break this easily, making generally PVP sniper rifles somewhat useful for PVE). Has a solid chance to hold a melee weapon.

Spec Ops Zombie: Fairly similar to the Riot, but has much more speed. Lacks a visor. Spawns in very high end locations.

Melee/item zombies: Zombies can only carry melee weapons.

Backpack Zombie: To compromise with the above statement, backpack zombies would have a guaranteed loot drop in their loot tier when killed. Most basic zombies have a rare chance to spawn with a backpack. Military zombies would spawn with a military tier backpack.

Runner rework: Changed to have a standing position. When alerted, runs with both arms out. Has a noticeably skinny body (enough to be unnerving). Very good speed, but often lunges, which can be countered by getting out of the way in time.

Missing limbs: Zombies can have a chance to be missing one or more limbs. This impacts their performance. However, only crawlers can have a missing leg, which simply slows them down even further, while all other zombies can have a missing arm (rarely, both). Zombies with a missing arm deal half the damage they would normally do. Common for basic zombie types.

Mega variants (In order of rarity and difficulty)

• Basic: Standard mega which uses normal mega attacks. Wears military clothing.

• Riot: Unique mega type which has much less health than other megas. Has a riot shield and large baton-like club. The riot shield blocks most small arm fire, and its club allows for high damage strikes. It is overall slow, in both movement and its attacks. It provides a mid-game challenge, and drops mid tier loot.

• Acid: Spits acid often. Wears S7/lab equipment. Has other acid related attacks, such as spilling acid around itself in a protective circle. Acid that hits zombies gives them a speed bonus that wears out somewhat quickly.

• Flame: Wears a burnt lab outfit and spawns in S7 areas. Acts fairly similarly like its 3.0 counterpart, but zombies set on fire simply gain a speed bonus and charge the player relentlessly (much quicker than acid boosted zombies) before slowly burning to death. A counter to the Acid zombie, and is interchangeable.

• Cloaker: Much less health than standard mega types, but is far more speedy. Similar to the Lurker in that it stays cloaked before attacking. Rarely uses slow attacks, and prefers to charge like a runner. Cloaker megas have night vision that glows when out of stealth. After a successful charge, it will uncloak (if it cloaked mid-charge, which can happen) and stand for a few seconds, giving players time to engage or move. It can also be stunned by running into a wall. Can spawn instead of a Spec Ops and drops similar loot.

• Spec Ops: The basic mega, but with more health, speed, and armor. Drops better gear, mostly end tier stuff.

Overall I’d like to see infected be vastly more dangerous and have a lot more variants and sub variants.

I would also have zero issues with night time being an utter cluster fuck like it is in Dying Light. Light inspiration from LFD2, Dying Light, and Killing Floor would be great to see. I want to be scared of some of these things, and I’d really like to see some messed up Scorpion 7 experiments.

4 Likes

oof it was a mistake to use the format

Dammit GreatHeroJ

2 Likes

Added:

One like: We’ve been looking at comments, and have decided to add a like to good ones.

Changed:

My inner hatred for this format: Fixed some issues with our changelogs. We’re not doing them anymore.

oh and uh i edited my post so there’s a lot more now

Damn, I like this idea more

i like all except armed

mega already is faster than player so doesnt work xd

leaked pic of athletic zombie /s

i like them all, hopefully at least part of those suggestions make it.

3 Likes

plant sombi

2 Likes

yes

(oof 10 characters)

Saying athletic, I meant zombies which got athletic body build. Basically undead bodybuilders, sportsmen etc.
athletic
Dunno how Nelson would handle the models though, they could be a little bit bigger than other zombies.

1 Like

Do you mean this?

Yeah I just added it after that suggestion

1 Like

Perfect

Zombies would be much more of a challenge with something similar to this, again just adding to the survival aspect that we all want and need.

2 Likes

You want more Zombies type idea ?
Go on YouTube and search " Dead Ahead : Zombie Warfare " , you will see more than 50 type of zombies with special Abilitys !

Hmm technically less than 50 since most of them are copies of eachother but different stats.

To be honest all of them are achieved by clothing and stat changes, or the game already has something similar to it (e.g. Necromancer is similar to hoarder, ‘Skeleton’ is similar to lurker)

In that case, why not include the opposite of a crawler?

Armless (suggestion for better name would be nice)

• While crawler zombies has lost its legs and rely on its arms for traversal, the armless has lost one or both of its arms decreasing their combat effectiveness and overall capability
  • Both crawlers and armless can be created by shooting/cutting off a zombie’s limbs

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.