How about a paid 4.0?

Word!

Kiddies* :stuck_out_tongue:

Kiddies* :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/kidlet

You never said Kidlet, you said kidde. Even though it’s British and not American and idk why I’m arguing about this

What are you done with? You were the one with the constant snarky comments.

Blatantly false. I don’t want a game any less just because it costs money.

1 Like

You must have the balls to think that Unturned will die out because of a cheap price tag.

You’re forgetting about the quality of what the dev puts out. You can’t test a game’s lifetime by its price, the most important factors are what the game offers. The way you went berserk about this idea clearly means it has offended your budget plan in spite of overreaction, and you don’t care about the quality of the game

A price tag is basically the cherry on your cake; people give bonus points to this game if it’s worth the price and maybe share to other people. That would boost popularity, but Nelson has to polish his game if he wants maximum satisfaction.

You know I’d rather see you and your rats gone than letting this game suffer; intoxicating the community and pressuring the development by unneeded demands. Have you seen the amount of hate in the forum in certain updates? It was dreadful

Again, this topic is just a suggestion and we’re mainly discussing possible outcomes. This isn’t a confirmed development plan if you got the wrong idea, no need to get that berserk

2 Likes

Berserk An arguement is not Berserk (somehow misses the point hardcore quote by Yarrr, Unofficial, or official, I don’t know, Unturned fourm regulator) “You know I’d rather see you and your rats gone than letting this game suffer; intoxicating the community and pressuring the development by unneeded demands”
Rats, and pressuring development, w h a t ? Hey, do you not want Unturned to be paid for? Yea you RAT, you also pressure development… s.s.somehow. When did I pressure development, I have never went on the fourms and even suggested an addition, but yea, My “Rats” and I will go. We with our gold upgrade and 60+ dollars in mysterybox keys to directly support Nelson, we’ll just go. Oh and budget plan? Lol I could by this game if it were $20, I just like the accessibility of this product, I like asking a friend to play a fantastic game and they can just hop on. Oh and I clearly stated that I would by this game, read before replying please? “Have you seen the amount of hate in the forum in certain updates? It was dreadful” I supported every update famazoid, I even stood with rocket launchers and tanks.

You overestimate the amount of “Good apples” in unturned, TBH, Most of them are non gold and would definitely not buy this game. -90%. Not saying unturned sucks and not worth money, but it is too late for that.

Nelson has chosen his path, and he most likely can’t change it. He is on steam, and most players are under twelve, It is free, and out of early access. He changes it now, it is a bad choice for business.

Oh, I know I will get a reply saying “Thought you were done” I know it will refute me. But listen here. Who do you think plays this game. Think, Who, look around you, go on the fourms, servers. This you won’t do. BUT THAT’S JUST A THEORY, A GAME THEORY!

By this point I think you are a troll

1 Like

Qoute from my best bud,

Frick this looks weird, OH I see it, let me fix it

It’s subtle, but I changed it.

Please for the love of God
Unturned 4.0 isn’t released yet. So stop assuming that it is like Unturned 3.0
Unturned 3.0 is free to play whenever and I will shit on whoever wants 3.0 to be paid for
But 4.0 doesn’t even have a community yet as it has not been released. Nelson is using Unreal Engine, an engine that is used by a lot of games with a mature community. Nelson will be adding more complex mechanics and much better graphics therefore it won’t be meant for kids since they won’t understand the concept of shifting (most of them, at least)
Despite all that, kids will still have the ability to buy the game.
And when it comes to free2play, many of my friends uninstall the game and never play it because it’s free and can be done whenever. Not to mention, we’re not the type that buy 100 games and only play 3. If we buy the game, people would take it less lightly and more seriously.
Unturned 3.0 will still be free and still have its community. But Unturned 4.0, if paid for, some people will leave, I’m not saying it’s not gonna happen. But people who are in it for the quality of the game will stay because they know for a fact that Unturned 4.0 will be an amazing game and when it’s paid for and gets good reviews based on people who ACTUALLY play the game, it will be public for more people to see as the game gets more positive reviews.
Please do not mix Unturned 3.0 with 4.0. 3.0 would go to shit if it transferred to Pay2Play. But 4.0 is worthy of $5. And you never know, maybe Nelson will do a “Free weekend” bit for people to get a feel of the game and enjoy it then buy it.
People will hate it at first, but that’s all what you’re worried about. There’s no doubt that the first few days are gonna be cancer, but in the end, who will benefit from this? The community and Nelson himself. More income for Nelson and less Hackers and kids for us. That would encourage many mature gamers to buy Unturned and play it. And I have no doubt in Nelson that he will do a fantastic job at making the game amazing for those gamers to have fun and invite their friends to play. Pewdiepie and Jacksepticeye played 2.0 which didn’t have that many features and didn’t play 3.0 because it was the same game. But when they play 4.0, it will cause a boom in Unturned’s population especially when there will be dedicated servers.
I have much more to say, but i believe i have said enough

3 Likes

i think a free box every week is unnecessary as everyone ends up having lots of boxes without this. however, a free box key every week would be sweet

Even though @Effectism has done a hell of a great job replying to your comment where you express your views on this post, I’d like to do the same as well.

Stop, this is an annoying way to prevent replies opposing you

I just wanted people not to freak out because of the title before trying to understand my point.

How to lose 90% of your community

Old people leave and new people come to pretty much every game on Steam, some benefit from that, some don’t, but I think 4.0 would, as indie paid games don’t attract kids as much. (yeah I’m only referring to indie games because that doesn’t apply to triple-A titles.)

How to lose 90% of your community but the people who really are into Unturned 573 hours, 50 in the past two weeks, I own the gold upgrade, still think this games charm is that it is F2P and optional to benefit Nelson shows how nice this guy is, name one F2P game that went to paid and succeeded, none

Well, each game has a background and is a specific case that is affected by infinite number of factors. Maybe 4.0 could be the first of it’s kind, a free game that gets a much improved paid successor.

Development, like, money for making the game, you don’t know how much Nelson makes off the gold upgrade alone, not to forget, Mystery box keys and sales on the community market, yea, you know when you sell a skin and get taxed for it, like, 6.94 USD and you get 6.02 USD? Ever think where that other 0.92 cents go? 0.46 cents to steam, 0.46 cents to Nelson, about 1000 cosmetics are sold every day. Do your research before talking about Nelsons Finances, he is getting his VERY well deserved cash already, no need to make more, its why he as not done it already.

“Money for making the game”? That wasn’t even close. By ‘development’ I meant being an active member of the community, reporting issues, discussing on forums and overall knowing what’s been happening, instead of just playing the game and reacting to updates with an ‘Oh, cool’. Also, you don’t know Nelson’s financial life so you shouldn’t have brought that up (it’s completely unrelated to the topic).

By the way, I appreciate your lession on how the Steam Market works, but it’s unnecessary.

No one should be.

Subjective.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. How does that relate to Unturned!?!?!? “if it be the 10 usd currency dollars it be is are a good” No, that game was never free! It was a MOD before, the game is completely a new thing now, when the stand alone released, it started as money!

Woah there, no need to freak out like that, jesus.
A while after posting this, I’ve realised Insurgency wasn’t a good example as it’s very different from Unturned, and mainly has a more mature playerbase because of it’s closer approach to realistic combat than regular first-person shooters.
But there’s something both games have in common, they both started as mods. Unturned as Deadzone, Insurgency as Insurgency: MIC. The only difference they have is that Unturned was smaller because of it’s start on Roblox and Nelson decided to make the standalone version free to attract more people, which was a rather successful decision.

Do your research before you make a claim like this.

Research on what?

How ironic that you would say that your opinion proves your argument, but my opinion doesn’t disprove yours. Bit of a double standard, no?

And how odd that you would say Insurgency has no relation to Unturned only to say that the free market works like:

And again, you keep trying to throw out numbers and statistics at us without any actual backing to it.

Where do you get all this information? Could it be more than just an assumption?!

Every post you make here pressures development. That’s what this forum is for.

Supporting every update like a sheep is exactly what made Unturned into a PVP game, not a survival one. Unturned 4.0 will be going in a different direction.

How quaint, because that’s literally everything that you’ve said. It’s only theory, no facts.

To be fair, I also don’t really care too much either way whether or not it’s pay-to-play. There’s legitimate pros and cons to either side, even if sometimes those are diluted, dis-valued, or discredited by other people.

The only thing I would stay away from is DLC that adds normal game content (as some people have suggested to do), and a price tag of over $5 or under $1 (just because those 99¢ games are associated with asset rips still, even with the crackdown on them lately).

1 Like

Um, the hell this is a reply/post-massacre I have not seen this many posts seen my zombie suggestion.IS this a -god damn big deal Y’all stop now.And the person who suggested this (Sirba) what your suggesting is worst unturned is supposed to be a game for everyone to play no matter the age, race, size etc.If you don’t like a kid playing unturned cause he annoying than mute them you never said that but you said it stop attracting the kid to the game unturned is not a kids game it a medium age game ok don’t suggest this every again cause kid up to 13,14,15 are playing this why cause unturned is entertaining for us.Literally, the only game back in the day was unturned it was the only game that was free and good why put it to waste and put money on it.It will ruin the lives of people who love unturned ok let not have this ok unturned is not meant to pay for.It for people who want a game that is cool and fun not to buy off of and then a week later I want a refund so free should be the price.

I somehow feel like you’re too young to use “back in the day” seriously. And either way, there are plenty of good free or cheap games on the market. Unturned is just one fish in the sea.

(I wouldn’t say plenty, but ok)

If people refund a game then they obviously didn’t like it that much. :v

2 Likes

This cancerous comment war is starting to get iut of hand. Unturned 4.0 will be fine is it costed $5

I think that Unturned 4.x should stay free, but I’d welcome it to be priced if ever that be the case.
Read my reply here for how much I am willing to pay.

Unturned Gold fits the role for paid-players already.

This idea is basically a more unfair gold upgrade. Not to mention it wouldn’t filter out any kids because there are still kids who buy it.