A basic post about the unneccessary spam on the forum, nothing to see here folks move on

Shouldn’t that be restricted to lower trust levels (such as basic) though?

1 Like

Sounds fair to me.

2 Likes

The difference is that afking 1/3 of a year is harder than it sounds. Much harder than flooding a forum with content equivalent to the stuff on the subreddit.

1 Like

gonna turn this into a suggestion if you don’t mind.

1 Like

uh, you need to spend 80 days to get regular ig?
i mean, if you look at it this way, most people who want unturned II access more than everything already have a couple hundreds of hours. but yeah you’re right.

well it’s more like a rant to people who have done the exact opposite of what i have said, there isn’t any actual suggestions to how forum works xd
but i might aswell edit the post and add that as a solution, then it’s a suggestion

I was thinking after each post you have X amount of time before you can post again, and Y amount of time before you can post without the X and Y values being raised, but that works too.

Nelson has given keys to non-regulars who had good contributions to the forums, and hasn’t always been quick to give people keys just because they posted in https://forum.smartlydressedgames.com/t/want-an-unturned-ii-key/9868

Less restrictive limitations should be placed on regulars, but regulars should still have some limitations. Regular status is fairly easily gained or lost, and shouldn’t be given too many perks over basics and members, otherwise people will continue to strive for it over creating meaningful contributions.

1 Like

maybe they should remove some toxic kids here /:

This entire post is BS, and so is the reason behind it

Why stop peoples creativity and ideas? Some people just hop on SDG to be greeted to a fresh new page of posts, and want to contribute in a fast spray of comments. Not everyone logs on everyday like me to only see one or two new meaningful posts to chip on to. And rarely do I do it.

Putting limits on peoples thoughts will just discourage them from doing so. So dont do it?

You should be happy people are contributing, even if they do it all at once

I think it took them a bit more than 15 seconds. If it was only 15 seconds, then they didn’t say something meaningful enough that couldn’t have been conveyed by simply giving a comment a like.

ok contrarian

5 Likes

Unless those post have no effort, i don’t see much of a problem

Did you have a stroke while typing this nonsense? No one said anything about limiting people’s thoughts. Only that people should be forced to take some time to do something else (preferably spend time reading the thread, thinking about what they’re about to say, or closing the window, but we can’t control user’s actions and certainly can’t police their thoughts) before they can spam out braindead replies.

5 Likes

Creative =/= quality. Seeing as there’s a dry season of long, in-depth posts at the moment and an abundance of low effort memes and shitposts, it’s not a bad idea to try and get the community to change up the pace of posts a little bit.

3 Likes

doctor pesky approves

but he disagrees with everyone else here

1 Like

BRUH, YOU MISSED THE ENTIRE POINT

well they should know that’s not how to contribute. we should have a pinned message about how to make a good post or reply, a forum guide ghj made once or something.

you think a 5 minute cooldown will stop them from sharing their ideas? lmao reading a post and its replies take 5 minute already

uh that’s not how to contribute, did you even read their replies and this post

seems like people took what I said and just

10 Likes

There actually is already a limit on how fast users can create topics/posts. For topics it’s 15 seconds, and for posts it’s 5 seconds. These current times are really just for catching bot spam.

Staff talked about the issue alongside some other ones a few days ago, and currently don’t plan on increasing the time just yet.

Up topic time to like 40 seconds, post time should also be upped slightly.

I just want some people to use the Quote function for once.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.