A warning against 'The Paywall'

Makes a meme vote option then complains when the majority of players pick that option.

4 Likes

like a fool, another classic blunder

6 Likes

I would’ve been very surprised if that little mix-up on the percentage vote was true.

Not to be an ass, but more than half of the 18% against doesn’t seem to have posted their opinion on their choice.

4 Likes

I voted null because paywall won by a landslide already and null seemed like a fun option to pick.

2 Likes

Those votes are pretty real. Ots that you did a shit job at wording the poll. Instead it should say “pay for official servers, and no official servers /free official servers.”

A majority is a majority.

N-No… 18% of people who voted said the paywall is unnecessary. You don’t need to be a genius to work out that if the 41% of people who voted the null option disagreed with the pay wall, they would’ve voted for that option instead of the null option. Only 18% of people who voted disagree with a paywall, making it a massive majority in favour of a pay wall.

3 Likes

The moment I brought civ 6 I got all the dlc, it cost me an extra hundred but I still got it… augument null.
Also players that have played for a while could buy it…

I bought this. It was a steal.

Also this, years ago.

I would immediately choose to buy DLC.

“These votes don’t show what I want them to show so Imma just do the thing”
Not how this works Rain, not at all.

3 Likes

I mean, I bought Knife of Dunwall almost immediately after I got Dishonored, does that count?

1 Like

holy shit i love dishonored

too bad high chaos ending is sad

Speaking of which, I’m going to go through the numbers myself here.

The percentages are 41% for a paywall, 19% against, and 40% undecided.

Let’s go along with your reasoning and omit the 40% that’s undecided. You have 60% left.

41/60 = 0.68 = 68% for a paywall

19/60 = 0.31 = 31% against a paywall

Even if you were to omit the null votes, there would still be at least twice as many for the paywall than against it. Don’t believe me? Time to pull out more numbers.

For the sake of making this a bit easier, let’s assume that there’s 100 votes, and not 101. You have 41% of 100 people, which conveniently is 41 people. Likewise, 19% of 100 is 19 people, with the other 40 people being undecided.

Based on the numbers, you have at least twice as many people voting for a paywall than against, and then some.

The numbers don’t lie.

3 Likes

He should bring up better points, instead of relying on statistics.
I’m against a paywall because

You cannot play on it without paying money
if your friends are poor, you can’t play with each other

But really theres a lot of things that support a paywall

• it gives nelson more money, that’s self exclamatory.

• You could just play on another server that’s just as good (it’s unlikely we will get absolutely 0 vanilla servers once 4.0 comes out)

• If you do end up paying to play on a specific server, you’ll encounter less hackers, and maybe encounter a better community? Which also means encountering un-desireable people (pro players, zergs) might be unlikely if there friends can’t play, if you do well, i guess that’s unturned? There could be a solo/duo/trio rule but you can also find pro players and zergs on any other server

It’s not how it works, but it IS how Rain works.

Your not wrong, the game will be survival focused, so more people will be inclined to play it this way.

You know, if you want to avoid troll votes then you don’t make a poll that includes a “Null” or joke option.

8 Likes

Really votes shouldn’t have anything more then 3 options, and shouldn’t have anything less then 1 option.
More then 3 just confuses things, isn’t nessecary.
You don’t need to have “agree” and “strongly agree”
you can mesh the both into “agree”
If your “agreeness” varies that’s what the reply buttons for, if you don’t like something about a suggestion you could say something about it

I think the issue is that we are going into this discussion assuming that all parties involved (and by this I mean a specific party) are operating on this neat little thing called common sense. If that’s not a factor then there’s really no point in debating.

Rain can continue to live in a fantasy world where he’s right and continue to skew and twist data into whatever form he wants and we can continue to get a laugh or move on; preferably the latter; it’s better for all of us if there isn’t constant drama and arguing, especially when it clearly doesn’t get anywhere. Rain’s proven he utterly lacks the ability to concede to anything at this point and an argument really doesn’t go anywhere while something like that is a factor. Expecting anything different is insanity haveievertoldyouthedefinition

I don’t think there’s any reason to keep this thread going, and it truly makes no sense why Rain brought it back when it seems talk has already died (mainly due to a certain someone refusing to acknowledge poll results) and I really don’t think there’s room for this thread to grow. Mods pls

4 Likes

This is exactly true, just ask anyone who’s known rain for atleast some time and they’ll tell you that he’s not really all that well at debating. He just kinda stops when people provide valid points, or resorts to adhom (or even blame others for adhom for providing good arguments).

I really don’t mean to berate, i don’t like calling people out in a place where anyone can see it. But i think we should get this point across to get anywhere. and that somewhere is to close this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.