Additional Eaglefire components

“Grips” are part of the receiver, not the stock, in the Eaglefire’s case (and likely most cases in the future too).

1 Like

So instead of PGO pretend I said no stock

If grips are part of the Reciever guns with thumbhole stocks, semi-pistol grips, or straight wrist stocks won’t work.

Didn’t explicitly state it in my op, but the main exceptions possibly being longer rifles and shotguns, typically.

The real world equivalent of the Maplestrike is essentially a high quality variant of the real world equivalent of the Eaglefire.

it’s time for

very minor corrections with whistleblower the ■■■■■■■

apparently the eaglefire is an m4a1, so since the maplestrike is a c7a2, which is basically a fancy c7, which is basically a kinky canadian m16a2, that’s technically incorrect

this has been: very minor corrections with whistleblower the ■■■■■■■

I don’t think all of the weapon customization should be done through one menu.

my guess is that nelson decided it wasn’t worth the effort to separate them as it’d probably just end up being confusing for the player anyways

I like that grips and stocks were combined.

or receivers and grips

idk depends on the gun really

Folding/telescoping stocks should be compact and offer better ADS accuracy, but at the cost of a longer deploy time

i don’t see how a folding stock would have better ADS accuracy then a solid one. i can kind of get telescoping ones, those are pretty solid.

1 Like

I meant better ADS accuracy than PGO, not better than a traditional stock.

This site won’t let me add another reply right now, so I’m editing this one.
My point was that they are both close m16 derivatives.
Nelson said that there may be maintenance on guns in 4.x. Though he hasn’t clarified what form it will take (I haven’t read everything he’s written so I could be wrong about that, if he already said something please just give me a link) it might involve stripping the guns apart.
I have already been corrected on the Reciever/grip inaccuracy, thank you very little.
I’ll edit my comment thanks for the excessive feedback.

well that was inherently unclear

1 Like

On the 4.x wiki, Eaglefire attachments and components are separate, so they may be differentiated as I suggested, or maybe components are just the essential attachments to make a weapon function.

Edit I just realized the magazine is neither listed as a hook attachment, nor a modular component, so I’m just getting more confused.

To clarify:

• magazines are technically attachments given you, well, attach them to the gun, but they’re not traditionally considered attachments in most games involving guns

• components are the baseline, minimum parts of the gun required in order for one to function, much like you said

• attachments in the traditional sense are weapon modifications and things like that. They are not just limited to opticals, tacticals, grips, and barrels, but can also include internal parts, stocks, and mounts/adapters

1 Like

i mean you don’t really attach a magazine too a gun. it’s more fitting it in.
this has been technicalities with whistleblower the dipshit

Attachment doesn’t refer to any specific manner of affixing two objects together.

you don’t attach a ring onto someone’s finger, do you?

Magazines aren’t just held into magazine wells by friction like a finger is held in a ring.

they aren’t attached to a rail, either. they’re fitted into a magwell. just because there’s a catch doesn’t change that.

either way this is just a technicality that i pointed out as a joke so

Technically none of the attachment types have to be affixed via any form of rail. In Unturned 3.x they certainly weren’t. M-Lock and Key Mod don’t involve any rails.

Quick clarification that in Unturned 4 “attachments” are actually affixed to rails (ie: the front sight hooks onto the handguard, while the rear sight hooks onto the receiver). Also, M-LOK and KeyMod are both rail systems and involve rails.

Rail systems are planned to be an notable part of the new attachments/components system, and documentation is being included on the different design of the different rail systems.

KeyMod (and IIRC M-Lock as well) is a series of holes of a specific size, shape and distance apart to allow objects to be affixed* to a weapon.

*I say affixed rather than attached, because the definition of attached is apparently under dispute.

This is fair enough. Until Nelson documents how he plans to handle those two systems it’d be tough for me to say whether or not he plans to still have rails attached to them or not.

Well Nelson talked about adapting between Picatinny and Warsaw rails, so you could probably have some Picatinny rail affixed onto M-Lock.

So, for the Single Fire Civilian version of the eaglefire, will there be a bump stock? (basically turning it into a fully auto weapon). I think there should be, but it would make recoil worse and move the gun around a lot more. It would also be very rare. If you don’t know what a bump stock is, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2IOZ-5Nk5k&t=287s
I also think there should be specific ones, for example, a civilian single fire mp5 bump stock, the civ eaglefire, and maybe another weapon idk.