Aeroplane handling

In 3.0, most vehicles are treated like a singular object. When part of it is shot at, the whole thing violently explodes.

akamaihd

I think vehicles in UII (not just planes) should be separated into a few hitboxes, so that for instance, a plane will not blow up in mid-air when you shoot at the tail, and a car won’t explode if you shoot at it.

Instead, when parts of aeroplanes needed to control it (wings, flaps, rudder, etc) are damaged or destroyed, then the plane will be hard to control. If the wings/tail are shot off, the plane will be uncontrollable and spin towards the ground.

When the engines are shot, the plane will lose power and won’t be able to fly, and the engines will be smoking/burning.

10 Likes

inb4 unfunny jokes about holes in left wings

1 Like

MAJOR DAMAGE TO THE RIGHT WING!

5 Likes

tl;dr A suggestion for modular vehicle damage.

See also (my personal previous replies included):

2 Likes

>left wing destroyed
themanhimself

4 Likes

Yeah I 100% agree. It was annoying in 3.0 for people to for example shoot the empty back of a van with an smg and make it explode 5 meters into the air.

3 Likes

Btw I dont know if this has been brought into disscutions but what about when a vehicle is being destroyed it should become a solid object (whit pishics similar to a buildable object e.g base wall).

this would be nice to add to 4.0

1 Like

I’d love if Unturned II took inspiration from War Thunder on damage mechanics and vehicle controls. I’ve found it to be incredibly in-depth but quite simple to figure out and consider it to be the best control scheme out of every game to feature vehicles I’ve played. I doubt Nelson will go as far as prop pitches and radiator flaps but starting off with the basic controls WT has is a nice place to start.

Also @anon42100029 add me in WT @ __Armaros__ :grin:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.